RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
Rom

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
National RV Chap11 Bankruptcy

Eversince NRV filed for bankruptcy, I've been receiving correspondences/notices from the US Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California, Riverside Division. The very first one, I read through it and didn't notice anything particular that would apply to me so I shredded it. Then another one would come in after a few months, six months, sometimes in a year. Last week, I received another one and it looks like a motion for an approval of final distributions.

I am preplexed by this - we ordered our Dolphin through a local dealership here and while it was in the built process, I was in communication with someone from NRV with regards to specs/others. We got financing from our credit union. So, nothing in particular that connects me with their bankruptcy other than warranties and the like.

Anyway, I know NRV was still manufacturing MHs till 2008/2009??, does anyone of you that have those later model years been receiving these notices/correspondences? Just wondering what this is all about... won't be complaining though if they would send me a refund

Rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2012, 04:44 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm not sure of your particular situation. However, years ago when I reviewed that stuff there was an opportunity to check a box that said they would send you the material if you desired. Maybe you hit the box and (like me on occassion) do not recall or did it unintentionally.

Perhaps someone has better knowledge on 07's or in general , but I do not receive anything and I am the original owner of our 03.

njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:55 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
dont worry about recieving a check,altho i can not speak specificaly about national, i do know from having a business that was owed money by a bankrupt firm there was nothing to go around after the lawyers and liars got theirs. i was owd a few hundred bucks by a fitness studio they all had limos and spent money like they had it (they didnt)in the end their only asset was a life ins policy with a three hundred dollar value and their debt was about 200k (this was in the early 70s
brianj
Old 12-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I wouldn't know why any NRV owner would receive anything. Any assets would go first to the government for payment of taxes and then split to the suppliers who hadn't been paid.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Sounds like a scam to me. It would be the same as parterning with that guy in Africa trying to send money to the US.

If you were gonna get something it would have happened by now. National went under in 2008.
Dick
Old 12-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bankruptcy paper work was sent to all the owners of New RV ‘s that were under warrantee. My sea breeze is a 07 bought Feb. 07, have been included in all the paper work required by the court.
Did not take long to see you were going to get nothing.
Richard S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:06 AM   #7
Rom

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Richard S: You probably got the right observation on this one.

To all: Of course, why would anybody think me or anybody else that bought units from NRV before their bankruptcy would be receiving anything. There are at least 28 claimants listed and 8 are individual names, not companies/suppliers/contractors - maybe these 8 individuals are private owners.

Anyway, I just posted this thread to get some feedback and maybe some clarification from someone in the same situation such as Richard S. Thanks everyone.
Rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
I was "Pi**** that one of the law firms will be getting 100K "Performance Award". The customer/consumer is always last in line.

Notifications are just part of the "Paperwork Trail"

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #9

When it comes to legal actions, the rule of thumb is that you always notify anyone who might at all be related to the action. For example, a failure to notify any potential creditor (even if they are unlikely to collect anything in this case) can invalidate the entire filing. From their perspective they spent what, 4 dollars total -- if that avoids even a single hour of a paralegal's time, they are ahead.

Steve
Old 12-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
NRV Bankruptcy

Eversince NRV filed for bankruptcy, I've been receiving correspondences/notices from the US Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California, Riverside Division. The very first one, I read through it and didn't notice anything particular that would apply to me so I shredded it. Then another one would come in after a few months, six months, sometimes in a year. Last week, I received another one and it looks like a motion for an approval of final distributions.

I am preplexed by this - we ordered our Dolphin through a local dealership here and while it was in the built process, I was in communication with someone from NRV with regards to specs/others. We got financing from our credit union. So, nothing in particular that connects me with their bankruptcy other than warranties and the like.

Anyway, I know NRV was still manufacturing MHs till 2008/2009??, does anyone of you that have those later model years been receiving these notices/correspondences? Just wondering what this is all about... won't be complaining though if they would send me a refund

NRV closed its doors in November of 2007. Last model year coach built is a listed as a 2008. And don't worry, you will NOT be getting any money. Bankruptcy Court is required to notify all original owners of the progress of the Bankruptcy proceedings.

Happy Trails!

Darryl
desobelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
That's weird. I just got an email from General Mobotu in Nigeria saying that the National branch there had set aside $45 million, before bankruptcy, for some select National RV owners.

All I had to do to collect was to send him all my bank account numbers and SSN, plus $2000.00 good faith deposit............and the $45 million would be mine.

If any other National owners want to get in on this, thru my generosity, send me $1000........and I PROMISE I will give you a portion of the $45 million......when I get it.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Man,you gotta love it. There's one in every crowd.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:20 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have a real good one for all of you.

Yesterday as DH and I was walking out the door to go to dinner, the phone rings and it's a Florida number. Man on the Phone is hard to understand, he informs me that the birth control pills I am taking are laced with zinc and there is a lawsuit going one. He would like to include me in the lawsuit at no cost to me. He said that if I continue to take these birth control pills, I would become very sick and chances are real good I would become pregnant as they are not effective. He goes on to inform me that he has in front of him all of my medical records. He told me they need to know my bank account number and routing number so that they can wire transfer my refund of the laced birth control pills. He asked what the routing number was, I gave him the local police departments number, he asked what my bank account number was - I gave him the phone number he just called me at. While I am laughing, he says "ma'am this not a laughing matter, you will die very soon from the poisoned birth controls you are taking how can you laugh at this. I told him "look you idiot, I am over 50 and haven't ever used birth control pills in my life, you have the wrong medical records" and I hung up.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There's a con artist born every minute...

Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national