Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2015, 03:04 PM   #141

Great news, Tropical36! Sure appreciate the reply, your experience, and your vote of confidence for National! The quality seems evident, even to a newbie, but good to hear the confirmation. Funny, after looking at various makes recommended as the best, I couldn't shake how much more I liked the National. We'll see where I go from here, but so far, I am enjoying the RV experience Thanks again!
Nancy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2015, 03:24 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical36 View Post
Actually, there's next to nothing on the coach that's exclusively National, other than exterior body parts and the least of anyone's concerns.
The chassis is either Ford or Workhorse in that year and most everything in it, was made by someone else.
I'm convinced that they made one of the best built gas coaches anywhere in modern times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtjoe View Post
As said in the post above, most things are not totally National produced. As far as the exterior, front and end caps are available through Ortega Manufacturering in Southern Calif. They have those molds plus molds for the bin doors.

If you walk onto an RV sales lot and look around you won't find many if any National used gassers or diesels. That should tell you something about them. We've looked for the past few years and haven't found any other MH we would give our National up for.
Thank you, sgtjoe! I noticed that, too, about not finding Nationals on lots, and that did seem to say a lot about them! Looks like both you and Tropical36 agree, along with Rick Baxter, who I talked with after someone on the thread recommended contacting him. Pretty cool I'd be surprised if I didn't end up buying one! Your added confirmation and comments have been very helpful
Old 08-28-2015, 03:13 PM   #143

My 2007 Dolphin has some broken plastic compartment door latches. These are located on either side of each compartment door, and retract when the door handle is raised to open the door. They hold the door closed when it is shut. I've been able to find entire mechanisms - at a healthy price - but have yet to find just the latch portions. I've heard that someone has made up some metal ones, but I can't seem to locate the source. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Gary
garyvont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:49 PM   #144

National RV Owners Club
Fleetwood National RV motorhome Type Baggage Compartment Door Latch FN001 | eBay
If this is what you are looking for,you need to do some fitting. I had to do a little metal work to make them fit. Tom TE40B Pacifica
TOM356C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:13 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtjoe View Post
I believe our front lights are the same. I found that mine were the same as the Mazda pick up. Found them in a junk yard. I don't have a part number. Seems National used a lot of Ford parts. Take the old one to a junk yard and match it up to a Mazda or maybe even a Ford Econo Van. Good luck.
Two years ago I backed into a guys boat and one stop light took out his prop. The tail light lens actually fared better but was cracked.

I went to Ford first (because the chassis is Ford) and one of the guys in the parts department said it looked like a GMC/Chev pickup tail light lens.

Can't remember the year, but it was used for quite a few years - with a sample, a GM dealer could tell right away.

Glenn
Old 10-11-2015, 11:48 PM   #146

wiper blade arm

Need to know where to purchase and/or how to remove and replace the wiper blade arm on a 2005 National Dolphin. My small arm on the assembly broke. Desperately need help. I am now in Corning, CA headed South. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Keith Fisher
kdfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:08 AM   #147

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
DENSO was the supplier to National RV RV | DENSO Heavy Duty
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:18 PM   #148

Monaco Owners Club
New to the Group and a NATIONAL Groupie!

Hi, All. My name is Marcy and I live in Louisiana. I purchased my 2005 National Sea Breeze in 2006 with only 2K miles. An elderly gentleman special ordered her with the all brass interior, upgrades, etc. plus installed sway bars then brought her back a few months later because he wasn't comfortable driving an RV. His loss was my gain and we have been together ever since.

I have had many opportunities to sell her, trade up, etc. but quite frankly - after looking at the quality of RV's in her size (less than 36') all I see is a bunch of crap (excuse my French, lol). Cheap construction, cheap materials in the seating areas, cabinetry, flooring, etc.

I have kept her under cover in storage since the purchase and have taken exceptionally good care (regularly clean carpets, woodwork, plastic, leather, etc.) but she is now 10 years old and due for an remodel. A repair person tracked some kind of adhesive all over the flooring (I'm pretty upset about that) and ruined it an the carpet. I would like to pull out the booths and replace with a table/chairs, and replace the flooring with wood or tile look vinyl. I've already upgraded the electronics to flat screen tv's but want' to add a wireless system, upgrade my satellite dome and some of the interior lighting and hardware. My husband and I have decided to tackle this ourselves as we have never been pleased with any of the work we have had done by others/RV repair shops. We have remodeled several homes - how bad can remodeling an RV be, lol??

However, I have a couple of questions - 1) has anyone in this group done any of these upgrades? and if so, any advice? If not - is it a financial issue? lack of time? or is she more valuable as is? 2) are their some reputable sources for replacing some of the cabinetry hardware, lighting fixtures, etc.?

I am glad to see that many others feel the same way about their Nationals!

Looking forward to hearing from you. Marcy
MarcyJA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:32 AM   #149

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdfisher View Post
Need to know where to purchase and/or how to remove and replace the wiper blade arm on a 2005 National Dolphin. My small arm on the assembly broke. Desperately need help. I am now in Corning, CA headed South. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Keith Fisher

Page 47 of the 2012 version of this document https://onedrive.live.com/?id=AE67FF...766057&group=0 will get you a part number.
Dick
Old 10-13-2015, 02:54 PM   #150

Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdfisher View Post
kdfisher, I see that Richard S. and Theberrys helped you with some referrals already, and you probably have the problem solved by now, but here is another option for future reference. Rick Baxter, who worked for National in their service and parts department, referred me to Ortega Manufacturing in Hemet, CA for body parts, and they may have other parts or referrals for parts Contact Us | Ortega Manufacturing

Old 11-11-2015, 10:13 PM   #151

Thor Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
After an encounter with an oddly curved tree trunk I scraped the rubrail and creased the rear hatch holding the Xantrex on my 08 Pacifica. The hatch looks to me like a metal skin I am assuming there is foam inbetween the outer skin and inner panel. This seems to make the crease repair difficult. If I need a new outer skin is there somewhere to still purchase the part?

I do have my paint codes. The rub rail looks as if it just needs repainting.

As always help is appreciated.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:50 AM   #152

National RV Owners Club
Visone's in Kentucky has a wrecked Pacifica. Tom
TOM356C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:38 AM   #153

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Pusher View Post
After an encounter with an oddly curved tree trunk I scraped the rubrail and creased the rear hatch holding the Xantrex on my 08 Pacifica. The hatch looks to me like a metal skin I am assuming there is foam inbetween the outer skin and inner panel. This seems to make the crease repair difficult. If I need a new outer skin is there somewhere to still purchase the part?

I do have my paint codes. The rub rail looks as if it just needs repainting.

As always help is appreciated.
Why not just use a fiberglas kit to repair it, sand smooth and repaint.
You can even have your paint code done in a spray can for doing it all yourself.
It probably won't match perfectly at first, no matter who does it, but will blend in over time.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 05:32 PM   #154

Thor Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the info. The bay doors look like they are metal, the molding some sort of composite material while the rest of the coach is Fiberglass. I can spray the rub rail for sure. I might be late on the donor, thought I was suscribed to my own post or I missed it somehow.