RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:26 AM   #169

Back up camera wireing parts

looking for backup camera info on wireing and parts, camera keep going off loose plug or wire not sure. if I put something to push it in it will stay on till i hit a bump or several bumps in the road. Camping world wanted me to put in a whloe new camera so they could gaurentee it. They charged me for doing diagonstics on it 150.00 than told us they couldn,t fix it too old. they knew how old my bus was from the beginning they have done work on my bus before. well anyways. Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem. 2005 Sea Breeze

astac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2016, 09:59 AM   #170

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by astac5 View Post
looking for backup camera info on wireing and parts, camera keep going off loose plug or wire not sure. if I put something to push it in it will stay on till i hit a bump or several bumps in the road. Camping world wanted me to put in a whloe new camera so they could gaurentee it. They charged me for doing diagonstics on it 150.00 than told us they couldn,t fix it too old. they knew how old my bus was from the beginning they have done work on my bus before. well anyways. Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem. 2005 Sea Breeze
Had the same problem. After giving it up, I purchased something similar to one of these.
https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb...2Cmobile%2C160
Ordered wireless package as well, but never used it, as the existing wiring was easy enough to figure out. Still have the old system and still don't know which is the bad boy. The camera or the monitor.
Anyway, you can't beat the price and too bad you spent what you did at CW and still have no repairs or answers, as it would have bought you two or three units and should have more than paid for one install, if you were to hire it out. I mean, camping world can't fix that stuff and can only replace.
If me, I'd have them apply what you paid for a new install, which is still a loss in itself and if they balk at it, give Marcos a call.
In my case, I only removed the monitor and did some mods to make it bolt right up to the existing bracket. Looks good and works well for next to no money, considering. Still like the black and white view of the old one in many ways, but, no biggie.

tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:10 PM   #171

I have my old black and white camera and monitor out of my 2004 Tropical. I also have the manual. Changed it out for a color system. If you are interested in it, let me know
DWAlthaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:25 AM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWAlthaus View Post
I have my old black and white camera and monitor out of my 2004 Tropical. I also have the manual. Changed it out for a color system. If you are interested in it, let me know
Where were you, when I was looking?...lol
Now, do you really like the color better and can you see as well at night or bright sunshine?
Old 06-17-2016, 11:02 PM   #173

I really like the color system. Can see all around and rearward of the toad. Bright sun on the rear of the MH does fade out the picture somewhat but it happens very little. Night vision is very good. Send me a private message and I'll send some pics.
DWAlthaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:56 PM   #174

hey you can buy the cameras anywhere that they sell a 12 volt analog one as for powering it it could be on the actual monitor there is a tiger wire and a "constant" wire the constant one must have power as to keep camera on hope this helps
wisetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:16 PM   #175

I work for a security shop therefore we have all sorts of cameras i replaced the existing one with a new hd analog day colour night White /black with rid and new 9 in monitor love it and it works great even in the sun
wisetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:49 AM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWAlthaus View Post
I really like the color system. Can see all around and rearward of the toad. Bright sun on the rear of the MH does fade out the picture somewhat but it happens very little. Night vision is very good. Send me a private message and I'll send some pics.
No need for the pics. What I have works well enough and the coach is now for sale, as I have a newer coach , as of Wed. and it has a pretty fine Sony, built into the dash, which I hope I won't be replacing anytime soon, since a good match, won't be anything cheap.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:23 PM   #177

need info on2004 Dolphin 5535 fuel pump for gas tank, Model number whatever for I figure out where to buy a new one ASAP
Domenick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:40 PM   #178

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It is a chassis part, FORD / WORKHORSE/ CHEVY
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 04:30 PM   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenick View Post
need info on2004 Dolphin 5535 fuel pump for gas tank, Model number whatever for I figure out where to buy a new one ASAP
Before this goes off into left field, you'd be much better off with posting your subject matter and starting a new thread, rather than high jacking one that's about rear view cameras.
Having said, I'll offer amazon for your pump, but you'll have to provide the proper chassis information for getting the right one. If you have the old one out already, then matching it up will be easy. Also your local Dealer can provide it and as long as you don't mind paying through the nose for it.
Funny thing about parts and I can even order Ford OEM stuff for my truck that comes from an actual Ford dealer, but they can't offer the same price savings locally.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:59 PM   #180

HNC Medium And Heavy Duty Truck Parts Online | School Bus Body and Chassis Mounted Parts : Head Light Bezel, LH 1661763C1 S19975 with headlight bezel

I have 1993 Europremier
matt.ahern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:39 PM   #181

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I know it is an an answer for a question WAY back in this thread, but the problem was recently new to me and I wanted to add my solution.

The tabs broke off my '99 Tradewinds headlight ring when I was re-seating the connector. I replaced it with a perfect fit one-piece ring (no tack weld tabs) from a late 1990's Mazda B2200 pickup truck. Paid $5 for two at the junk yard. Happy, happy!
DKStall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:36 PM   #182

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKStall View Post
I know it is an an answer for a question WAY back in this thread, but the problem was recently new to me and I wanted to add my solution.

The tabs broke off my '99 Tradewinds headlight ring when I was re-seating the connector. I replaced it with a perfect fit one-piece ring (no tack weld tabs) from a late 1990's Mazda B2200 pickup truck. Paid $5 for two at the junk yard. Happy, happy!
My tabs broke off as well. I just haven't had time to do the research, thank you for doing that for me !

greg6746 is offline   Reply With Quote