Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2010, 08:19 AM   #43

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmol View Post
Did they work?
Yes it worked. I later found the same size and type at CW.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #44

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
National Skylight replcement

Today, 04:30 PM #1
03Dolphinlx

Someone posted that the National skylight was MFG by www.foxlite.com so I called them to confirm. They still make the double pane rectangle skylight that everyone has on their National RV. Part number is CDE1624 the cost is $69.90 the phone # is 1-800-233-3699 Ext 109
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:38 PM   #45

National RV Owners Club
Colaw RV Salvage > Home Has a 1999 and a 2000 Tradewinds in there salvage yard. They may have more it's the largest RV salvage yard in the country about 100 Acres of salvaged RV's. I bought a handle for our Side by Side Refer here. Nobody else has it.

They have used and new parts of all kind. Call them they may just have your part.

Call (877) 548-2125 ask for Duane Griffith

Address

10389 Cimmaron Road
Carthage, MO 64836

Dick
Old 10-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #46

National RV Owners Club
The company that manufactured National RV's entry door assemblies for years is PTL Engineering in Lapeer, Michigan, 810-664-2310. They'll need to know the year and model of your unit. I've previously ordered the door "hold-open" locking assembly for my 2007 TropiCal and they responded very quickly.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:35 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasdan View Post
Yes it worked. I later found the same size and type at CW.
Vegasdan.

Can you tell me where to buy these. I'm not sure what "CW" means. I live in St. George.
rwmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:15 AM   #48

National RV Owners Club
rwmol
Dan is on the road today, he just left my house heading west so I'll answer about "CW"!

"CW" stands for Camping World.

Dick
Old 10-25-2010, 05:05 PM   #49

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post
rwmol
Dan is on the road today, he just left my house heading west so I'll answer about "CW"!

Dick
My favorite store..well almost as good as Bass Pro Shop.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:13 PM   #50

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post
rwmol

Dick
Dan,where are you heading,We're gonna be in Vegas at the Oasis for a week at Thanksgiving then back to Wash...
By the way,that little door shock cover for my rig cost $25 and $13 for shippling from Colaw.Ouch.. It wasn't in much better shape than mine..Enuff tho so it looks better.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:00 PM   #51

We have a 2000 Sea Breeze 1340. One of the jack springs broke. Looks like it might be a Power Gear unit. Any idea where we can get springs? We've tried ordering through a local guy and two months later we're still getting the run around with claims that Power Gear is at fault. Maybe you know a large RV repair dealer that might be able to get springs for us?

Thanks,

Janet
new to National RVs
Oregon
janetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:06 AM   #52

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Dan,where are you heading,We're gonna be in Vegas at the Oasis for a week at Thanksgiving then back to Wash...
By the way,that little door shock cover for my rig cost $25 and $13 for shippling from Colaw.Ouch.. It wasn't in much better shape than mine..Enuff tho so it looks better.
Bigdog, we are in Las Vegas until after Thanksgiving. Happy Turkey Day.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:55 PM   #53

National RV Owners Club
We had a blowout on our 1997 Dolphin and took out the fiberglass and rear doors on the right side.

Contacted orgtega and got new replacement doors and fiberglass over the wheels.

Happy with their service...although it took about 5 weeks...
Old 12-21-2010, 10:42 PM   #54

Hi all,
We just bought a 2005 Seabreeze 1311 with 3200 miles on it to drive to Florida from Vancouver, B.C. As i write this, we are in Tellehasse, Florida. It seems to be a good m/h for the price, although it appears the prevoius owners neglected it a bit.
ie: The drivers window screen is missing. The rear corian cover for the stove is missing although we do have the other one. The drivers widow wiper was so badly miss adjusted that it chaffed through the washer tube after two wipes.( I fixed this) The widow wipers do not wipe the windows completely ( i think the tension springs need replacing) We went through a heavy rainfall in Washington last week and my basement storage compartments are sopping wet ( i'm hoping that the wheel wells just need resealing) And I plan on resealing the entire unit in the next few weeks.

Has any one else had or have these problems?? Any solutions or suggestions?? I've looked and looked online, but I just can't seem to find anwsers relavent to my problems.

One more question?

Does anyone know where or who sells euro tailights, euro side markers and updated projector headlight assemblies for my 2005 Seabreeaze 1311. For the head lights, i'm looking for two projector headlights that will replace the existing side by side 2a1/1a1 sealed beam 4x6 headlights. Im thinking im going to have to buy some bare projector headlights and get a bodyshop to make a fiberglass insert that will fit into the stock fiberglass front end. The look im going for is what the new buses have that just have two projector headlights molded into the front cap.

Any thoughts, comments or help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim
jcotoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #55

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Jim... Have you figured out what you are going to do with the headlights? They make the whole thing look so dated.

Tim
Old 01-17-2011, 11:47 PM   #56

Well since my last message I have discovered a couple things. The leaks in the basement storage were worse fore and aft of each wheel well. i noticed that in each front basement storage behind the front wheels there was a welded bracket that created some holes in the vertical sheet metal from the welding process. I have resealed all wire loom penetrations with silcone and completely undercoated each wheel well (and over cautiously doubled the amount of spray around seams and the looms). I also sealed every seam inside and out of each compartment I noticed in the drivers front wheel well there is a tarp like material protecting the engine compartment and floor boards from water kick back from the wheel. One of the front tie wraps either broke loose or was removed by a forgetful mechanic, which left the floor above the engine exposed to tire spray. This probably explains why the carpet under my feet was a bit wet after a big rainfall. I'm confident this will recify the problem.

I've looked at some other 2006 seabreeze lx models and they are exactly the same as my unit. They have had no complaints with wet carpet under their feet.

I replaced the upper orange and red clearance lights with led ones as the old one were held on using silcone. I have completely re sealed the entire rig. Holy **** is that a time consuming job. I'm a contractor and I have done thousands of board ft of baseboard caulking and this was a lot harder. The dicor sealant is not as plyable as caulking and is really messy. And to top it off I stripped all the old sealant off first.

As for the head and tail lights goes, I have hit a wall. All I can find are the 4x6 projector headlights that fit my existing housing. It would give a lot better light, but I kinda want to go for a modern look. It would be nice if there was an hid assembly that could just fit into my head light opening. The tail lights are the same- I've hit a wall.

I have replaced all brass hardware and hinges with chrome along with all the lights. I replaced the kitchen and bathroom faucets with chrome ones as well.

All in all she's pretty much ready for our next trip in March.
jcotoole is offline   Reply With Quote