Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2009, 09:31 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Need help finding the outside TV cable on a 2005 NRV Dolphin LX 6342

I have a 2005 NRV Dolphin LX 6342 and I am trying to find the other end of the cable for the external/outside TV that is connected to the Winegard video distribution box EXT TV outlet. I did a search and found SpeedRacer's thread on the same subject but was not able to find the cable in either location. I see numerous flexible wire casings behind the battery box and in the compartment aft of the door where there is an electrical outlet (presumably for the outside TV option) but I did not want to start opening them if someone had a better idea. Does anyone have additional information that may be helpful in locating the other end of the cable?
donhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Its in the same bundle that the wire for the electric plug is in but they didn't bring it all the way out. after you find it it has enough cable to reach outside and then some. You will have to put an end on it.
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:00 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
See if this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dolphin04-5342-12VDC-3[1].jpg
Views:	362
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	524  
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:13 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
SpeedRacer,
Thanks for the response.

The electrical wire for the outlet for the outside TV hookup is in a blue hard, semi-flexible conduit that I am not able to open like the black flexible wrap. The conduit seems to come from above the compartment in the cabinet that is above it. I have not taken the electic outlet apart to see if is in there but I will try that.
Don
Old 05-26-2009, 02:48 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mine was back in by the frame and looped up & down several times.
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:28 AM   #6

Mine was stuffed into the space right between the battery box(steps) and the first storage bay aft of the steps.
KentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:28 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
I found mine in the space between the battery box/stairs and the first storage compartment aft of the entry door tucked high up against the floor on the outside, under the MH. It was in a black flexible wire wrap with the phone wire taped to the bundle of wires that were routed into the storage compartment. I had to put a connector on it and route it into the compartment and it was ready to go. Thanks for all the help.