Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2018, 12:56 PM   #1
mrk

Need to adjust slideout

It seems that the slideout on my 1999 Tradewinds 7371 doesn't hang quite right. When pulled in, I notice that the top is about 1/2 inch further in than it should be, and the bottom still has 1/4 inch to be flush.

I've read several threads about adjusting the slide, but most seem to address a problem with the PowerGear mechanism or tell how to raise/lower the slide, or move it forward or back, but I haven't seen anything about correcting a tilted slide.

Would adjusting the height also modify the tilt? While I could move it down a very little bit, it seems that the slide is pretty much in the right place, just not at the correct alignment.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2018, 01:44 PM   #2

You may have done this already, but if you Google "RV slide adjustment" and then click "videos" at the top. There are multiple videos showing how that is done. Almost every adjustment on most systems is performed on or at the rails underneath whether they are outside like most or under the bed. I have had to adjust both top-to-bottom in and out gap as well as one side of the slide being too close at the top on one side and rubbing a hole in the seal.

I'm not sure if that answers your specific situation since they are kind of hard to describe with out pictures. Yours sounds like the screw mechanism needs turned in (shortened at the bottom).
Old 03-18-2018, 07:42 AM   #3
mrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofDburg View Post
You may have done this already, but if you Google "RV slide adjustment" and then click "videos" at the top. There are multiple videos showing how that is done. Almost every adjustment on most systems is performed on or at the rails underneath whether they are outside like most or under the bed. I have had to adjust both top-to-bottom in and out gap as well as one side of the slide being too close at the top on one side and rubbing a hole in the seal.

I'm not sure if that answers your specific situation since they are kind of hard to describe with out pictures. Yours sounds like the screw mechanism needs turned in (shortened at the bottom).
Many thanks for your reply, Duke.
Following your suggestion, I've viewed more videos regarding slideout adjustments, but most don't directly address the issue of the slideout being too tight on one edge and not tight enough on the other edge. Still, after viewing and reading comments, I believe the vertical adjustment may be what is necessary to fix my problem, as I only have vertical and horizontal adjustments available; I don't think I have the screw adjustment that you referenced on my unit.
I hope to be able to pull my rig out of storage later this week and take a closer look beneath the slideout. I hope I'll be able to see all the adjustment points. I found a copy of PowerGear's 111-page manual (thanks to Dick Berry for making so much valuable info accessible). This will be most helpful, once I begin tinkering with the adjustments.
I also located a 2 year old email address to PowerGear, so before I try anything else, I'm going to send a request for their guidance. I'll post any response.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:44 AM   #4
mrk

Tthe email won't go through at the address I used, "info@powergearus.com" . Appears that their spam filter is blocking it.

Does anybody have a way to contact Power Gear? Is Power Gear now owned by somebody else?
Old 03-19-2018, 08:27 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It is now owned by LIPPERT https://www.lci1.com/
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #6
mrk

Thanks, Richard. After holding quite some time for an "on-line Chat", I had to leave and wasn't able to try again until they apparently closed the Chatroom for the day. As a result, I've sent an email to Customer Service at "customerservice@lci1.com". Maybe I'll hear from them tomorrow.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:29 PM   #7
mrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrk View Post
Thanks, Richard. After holding quite some time for an "on-line Chat", I had to leave and wasn't able to try again until they apparently closed the Chatroom for the day. As a result, I've sent an email to Customer Service at "customerservice@lci1.com". Maybe I'll hear from them tomorrow.
Customer Service responded promptly with a request for pictures. It took me until last Friday to take and submit the pictures, and today I was told,
"Unfortunately there is not adjustment with the design of that system. Sorry."

Here are two of the pics I sent, and I can't disagree that there doesn't appear to be any adjustment points, but how can this be? Surely slideouts need occasional adjustments, don't they?

If anyone has any knowledge regarding the vertical adjustment for the slideout on a 1999 or 2000 Tradewinds 7371 or 7372, please provide some guidance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180321_121447.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	196973   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180321_121403.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	196974  

Old 03-27-2018, 12:32 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you have power gear slides.. (Two long toothed rails under the slide ... Usually...) that is normal.. They do it that way so the top properly SEals to the body. NOTE. same happens on extensionm the top is slightly "Shorter" than the bottom.. They way the top seal is solid,

Tags
slide, slideout