RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:21 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Hello Everyone
I am almost new here, I posted some input on the new member forum, but wanted to be here as well. We recently purchased a 2007 Tropi-Cal, 34' DP. Took it out on a short trip to Lake Texoma near the OK state line. We were only a 60 miles from home. Put it thru its paces and all went well with only a few things for the dealer to fix. I also got a 2006 Jeep Wrangler to "Toad" along. Sure enjoying the site here. Will be headed back to California for a few months to see the kid. Thanks all. Jim (KG6BAW)

MCB128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2007, 07:21 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Hello Everyone
I am almost new here, I posted some input on the new member forum, but wanted to be here as well. We recently purchased a 2007 Tropi-Cal, 34' DP. Took it out on a short trip to Lake Texoma near the OK state line. We were only a 60 miles from home. Put it thru its paces and all went well with only a few things for the dealer to fix. I also got a 2006 Jeep Wrangler to "Toad" along. Sure enjoying the site here. Will be headed back to California for a few months to see the kid. Thanks all. Jim (KG6BAW)

Old 08-17-2007, 01:28 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome, we are also new to the National Owners Group and just purchased our Tropical June 28. Coming from a dually diesel truck and a 5th wheel, I was not at all pleased with the way this motorhome handled. We are starting to get the feel of things now after about 2 months of driving it. The dualy/5th handled like a dream and I guess we got spoiled. I'll say one thing for this short wheel base with the 55 degree wheel cut, it maneuvers outstanding and puts the 5th wheel to shame in that category. This thing backs like a car.

On the advise of another 2007 Tropical T330 owner I keep the water tank full to add weight to the front and adjusted the air pressure in the tires for the load. That helped the handling. I also adjusted the play in the steering box. We have an appointment next week to get the Safe-T-Plus installed and have hopes that will make even further improvements. I also plan to install the Super Steer air bag valves from Henderson later on.

We have had a few problems with ours. Both air conditioners went out within two weeks of each other. The motor starter went out in both and I think the original ones were a poor design. The starter was made in Mexico and the start capacitor was made in China. The new ones are a different brand and look heavier.

A hose to our water heater failed, the bedroom slide gaskets was torn, we had a water leak because a fitting was not tight, a rain leak to one of the storage compartments from the sewer gas vent on the roof, and now the Kwikee steps are acting up. I hope we are near the end of the getting the bugs out. Someone once told me not to buy a new motorhome and get a used one. They said let someone else work the bugs out. Maybe they were correct.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:41 AM   #4

You should see a difference with Safe-T-Plus. You will also enjoy the added protection if you have a blow out on the front tires. Happened to me and it was literally a life saver. We are still working out problems on our Seabreeze. We downsized from Newmar DP and it really was an adjustment, but like the ease of parking and maintainence. We have appointment in Oct at LakeLand, FL factory will let forum members know how that goes.Good luck. Enjoy

2006 National Seabreeze
FloridaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:00 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome. I think you'll be quite pleased owning a National Product. We've been full-timing in our for about a year. Just bought an 07 Wrangler unlimited for our toad. Where in California are you headed?
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:04 AM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
Welcome to both of you ( MCR & Nodine ) please post often to let us know how you are doing with your Nationals. A new coach can be very frustrating at first, give it time it will get better. It's like a teething process, once it's over no more crying, it's just all smiles.

FloridaAnn, let me know how you make out in Lakeland, I too may need an appointment down there regarding my curb side slide leaking air into the coach. I also have a basement water leak that soaks the compartments when I drive in the rain, it has been addressed at the dealers twice, still leaks

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:09 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Rick and Julia, we are headed back to San Diego for a Christmas stay. Looking forward to really getting on the road. We have been doing only short trips in and around Dallas to get the bugs out and all is going well. Sorry it took so long to respond.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:00 PM   #8

Welcome to the forum MCR & Nodine. We too have had some new coach issues. Handling that I am still trying to sort out. A leaky toilet, a hole in the dinette table, a missing handle on the sprayer, missing keys, a leaky Onan generator and a water leak on the supply waterline into the heater core.
I am finally getting the toilet replaced under warranty Thursday, the table is still on order, I fixed the water leak and the generator will be going in about 2 weeks for now. So, I know how you feel with the new coach bugs.
Take heart, you are obviously not alone. Things will get better and soon you will be enjoying your coaches on many great trips.
RV 4 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:26 PM   #9

MCB128 - You didn't state when or what part of California you will be in to see the kids. If you are in California during the February, I don't know the specific date, there will be an National RV Owner's Gathering near the Perris Factory. You should go on line to National RV website and click on clubs and see what the specific time of the event is. The owner's rallies are fun to go to. Also if you have warranty items to get fixed the factory does a great job. Happy travels in your new coach and hope to see you at a NRV event.
JB Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:22 AM   #10

I'll second JB Drivers comments on the National RV Getaways. I attended the last one, and they are worth it. And welcome to the forum.
Also, don't limit your Forum reading to this one. Often you can pick up good information on the other brand sites. They have some of the same problems we do. And Steve, I too have a leaky basement. I am trying some solutions offered by National, and will let you know if they work. Of course, we have a problem finding rain out here in California, you may have to be patient.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:01 PM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
I thought we had found the point of infiltration, atleast until I drove in the last big rain, NOT . Yes let me know what you find.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote