Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2015, 08:53 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
New SurfSide to me

I just wanted to introduce my self as a new National owner. I was a vintage MH owner and sold the unit do to health reasons late last year not knowing when I would be back up and around. Well DW found a unit that she just had to have and set out on the hunt for it in our price range. There was one here in AZ, but it was over priced and we could not do the deal, then another in Cali but it had some damage to it and was not taken care of so it was a no go. Finally 2 more showed up nation wide and DW got the deal on the better of the two. Now it is my turn, I get to fly to Florida next week and drive it home to Arizona! This will be my first MH with fuel injection, more than 3 gears, and no vacuum lines! I did love my Hawkins but hated the carb setup when driving into the mountains. Anyways sorry for the rant, I am just happy to be back into a MH, off a cane/walker, and ready to get camping!

This is the 2008 Surf Side 34E which is the 2 bedroom bunk model.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC16121.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	90426   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC16122.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	274.6 KB
ID:	90427  

Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC16124.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	279.8 KB
ID:	90428  
DDDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2015, 09:01 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
That moho looks well cared for, and the DW found it, so life will be good for you! Happy wifey, happy lifey.

We have enjoyed our Dolphin for over 10 years now. Enjoy the ride home!

Bruce
Firebug5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #3

That's a nice looking coach probably one of the last ones made. We have an 07 Sea Breeze, these are good high quality units. I don't think you will regret your purchase.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:36 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the comments, I am looking forward to flying out and picking it up next week. Now I just need to find a spare rim and tire for it by then......... I would hate to have to order one from Ford.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:34 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you're not going to have to have the rim fore the trip, I would suggest that you head for your local Les Schwab and check with them. If you're like me, you're gonna become great friends with them. They may be a bit higher than others pricewise, But you can't beat their service and warranties.
On the other hand,mebbee someone on here from Florida near where you're going can find one for you locally.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:15 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
If you're not going to have to have the rim fore the trip, I would suggest that you head for your local Les Schwab and check with them. If you're like me, you're gonna become great friends with them. They may be a bit higher than others pricewise, But you can't beat their service and warranties.
On the other hand,mebbee someone on here from Florida near where you're going can find one for you locally.

Thanks for the suggestion, I did ask the pervious owner if he knew any one and that's a no go, I also called Ford and they want $570 +tax and shipping for just the rim and they need 1-2 weeks to get it. I am going to call Rickson and see if I can have one shipped to a family member in LA about 2 hours from the seller on the way to Az. Worst case scenario is that I just pick up a tire and if I get a flat I can call road side assistance to change it for me. Heck I have to call them anyway as I won't have a jack, and the tire is too heavy for me to lift, post surgery.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:23 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well I got the coach home 1700+ miles later and is handles great! 65 MPH seems to be the sweet spot for noise, and mileage. Now there are just a few thing to do before we get to using it. The first thing to get done is new fluids, and have the foggy windows fixed. Now the fun starts!
Old 04-12-2015, 12:02 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Congratulations on your trip home. Welcome to the Nat'l Moho Club! Keep us posted on your windows.

Bruce
Firebug5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:56 PM   #9

The front end has.....If i remember correctly 7 zerk fittings I would grease those, seems like a lot of people don't do the maintenance on the chassis like they should. Enjoy that motor home looks great!