Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2016, 01:43 PM   #1

No 12v power to panel above dash

The "Dual Momentary On", a.k.a. "12v Motor Reversing Switch" for the electric front blind in our 2007 Dolphin ceased to raise the blind properly. In a rush to replace the switch, I failed to disconnect the power first. I shorted out at least one of the numerous wires that connect to the six blade-type fixtures on the back side of the switch. Result: No power to the switch. Found a blown 10 amp mini-fuse in location #17 of the fuse bank located on top of the dash in front of the steering wheel. Replaced the fuse - still no power. In fact THAT ENTIRE FUSE BANK IS NOW DEAD. Checked the large 12v breaker panel in the hallway by the bath, but found nothing blown. I have no wiring diagram for any of this, and I'm at a total loss as to what and where to check next. "SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!" Many thanks for any suggestions!!!
Gary
garyvont is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2016, 04:05 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
In the storage compartment behind the right front tire is a fuse block. You may have popped one of the circuit breakers. They are re-settable just by pushing in the pin on the end of the breaker.
Belgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:10 AM   #3

The storage compartment behind the right front tire, on mine, contains my four house batteries, and the inverter. There is one large capacity breaker in the battery compartment, and I believe two on the inverter. I will definitely check these out this morning! I sure hope you're right! Thank you so much for your suggestion!! By the way, we tow a 1996 Jeep Cherokee 4X4. Great little tow vehicle, and my daily driver too!
Gary
Old 03-05-2016, 08:30 AM   #4

Belgian, None of the three fuses in that compartment were blown, so I'm back "on the hunt". Anybody else out there have any suggestions???
Old 03-05-2016, 08:44 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
get out your test light (12 volt-the one that you ground & stick the pointed probe) work your way back from the dead switch towards power source- could be anything-ie switch, ground, etc.

volt meters work too, but the light that comes on when power is found is much better for chasing power loss
Old 03-05-2016, 04:03 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Is there a plastic cover behind your batteries? If so there are breakers and relays behind the cover which may have blown.
Belgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 07:48 AM   #7

No, not there, but in the engine compartment. I didn't think there was any connection between that one, and the one on the dash. I'll try pulling each of those, and see what I find. There are some very large fuses in there!!!
Old 03-06-2016, 04:41 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have you checked the 5 or 6 circuit breakers on the 12 volt distribution panel.
This panel is in one of you storage bays.
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, panel, power