Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-18-2017, 07:03 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
$2804.00 for the new tires - installed, balanced, taxes, etc.
Sold old tires for $500.00.
So net cost $2304.00.

This is the third set of removed motorhome tires I have sold over the years via Craigslist.

Thx
Vince
Hey Vince,
I am getting ready to replace my tires. How did you go about selling the old ones? Who is in the market for aged out motorhome tires?
Thanks
Pete

petegemelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2017, 09:53 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by budhorning View Post
I gotta do it. I have the 08 Sea Breeze with original tires (no need to comment) that I gotta replace. I have 22.5 and I know the RV Dealers are chompin at the bit for me to come in, but I ain't gonna do that. I am looking for suggestions and and idea of the cost.

Just put hankook ah12's on mine 245/75r22.5 16 ply in place of my 235/80r22.5 michelins which were only 14 ply.

The michelins were date code 2001 for 2 and 2005 for the other 4. Scary. This was just last week.

Tires ran about 1650$ and beads were 60$. I did the install myself in about 4 hours in the driveway. Torque on mine was 500ft lbs for lug nuts.

Coolman3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:38 AM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Question: why are people buying your used MH tires?

Really, why are people buying your used MH tires? While I have bought used tires for an in-town car, I certainly would never buy used tires for my MH, so who is buying them?
carlsojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:26 PM   #18

Just got a 22006 Sea Breeze need tires also . What size tire did you replace with the Firestones. I see they are 22.5 wheels . Thanks in advance
gunguy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:35 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsojr View Post
Really, why are people buying your used MH tires? While I have bought used tires for an in-town car, I certainly would never buy used tires for my MH, so who is buying them?
I have always sold my outdated tires from my coaches to truckers. I have 275/80/22.5 , truckers dont have to worry about a like new tread, but slightly dry rotted tire on the back of a trailer blowing out doing damage. Much better than a recap. Have you seen how many blown apart tires you see on the interstate ? Having a blow out on a rv is a different story. You are either going for heck of a ride if its a front tire, or risk severe destruction of body panels if its a rear tire.
twinturb089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:44 PM   #20

I bought Yokohama tires for my coach from simpletire on line and had my local wingfoot dealer install them, balanced with beads. There have been a tire price increase on all tires since then. The tires i bought cost about $100.00 more now. Very happy with them.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:38 PM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
I think I will look into Les Schwab. I like the people and the service. Toyo is a good tire. Alot of commercial trucks use them. I just need to be in an area for Schwab. Thanks
Toyo tires so I understand are Japanís Michelin grade... I have them on my DP. note: keep your tires properly aired, and make sure the rear Duallies on each axel are aired equally if not you will have increased tire wearing as they will be fighting each other...
Blazeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:50 AM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Toyo truck tires have a plant in the USA.
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:37 PM   #23

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
My local big truck tire dealer beat the FMCA price, ask around.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 06:50 PM   #24

New tires

Quote:
I gotta do it. I have the 08 Sea Breeze with original tires (no need to comment) that I gotta replace. I have 22.5 and I know the RV Dealers are chompin at the bit for me to come in, but I ain't gonna do that. I am looking for suggestions and and idea of the cost.

I had a similar issue on my 08 Sea Breeze and went to Les Swab tires here in Idaho. Treated me great and had about three options to choose from. (I paid $2200 for my six tires.)
Not sure where you live but there are some good options out there besides and RV dealership.
Pat
Red Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:45 AM   #25

Les Schwab always treat me well, next year I will replace my tires on my Sea Breeze at Les Schwab preferably in Oregon no sales tax!! Toyos yes!

Tags
tires