Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2012, 06:17 AM   #1

Out with the old Sea Breeze, in with the new

Very glad I found this forum for us orphaned National RV owners! Certainly it was a sad day when National closed its doors as I firmly believe they built some of the best rigs out there.

Just over nine years ago we bought a 1996 Sea Breeze M131 for our family of four. We put many miles on that unit since then and it served us extraordinarily well. She wasn't pretty on the outside as the sun took its toll on its appearance but inside and mechanically it was a great rig.

As it (and we) got older we of course yearned for 'more' - more room, more power, more features. Our plan was to wait until next spring and find a replacement. That got thrown out the window a few weeks ago.

On a whim I was browsing RVTrader.com and came across the exact rig like what we would be looking for. Best of all, it was another Sea Breeze - a 2007 1350. I couldn't resist and went and looked at it and that was all it took - it is now parked in my yard.

The only downside is that we live in Denver and work fulltime so the change of seasons aren't going to allow us to use it much until next spring. We did take it out for a quick shakedown trip last weekend and are very pleased with our purchase. This new rig has a lot to live up to given as well as our old one served us!

Lots of little things to do on it to 'make it ours' and with fall here and winter soon to follow I suppose I have plenty of time for that. Today will start off with some baseline maintenance (oil change, lube, fuel filter, etc) just so I know where we stand on all of that.

I admit to initially being hesitant about buying another National product given the fact the company is gone. However I found this forum during the process of buying the new one and it helped to reinforce that I had nothing to worry about.

I am hoping to track down the schematics for the new unit (electrical, framing, etc) so if anyone has those please let me know. May make a separate post about those. I have tried the resources for documentation referenced in these forums but did not find them.

Anyway, wanted to just tell our story and say hello.

Tony

TABA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to IRV and the NRV forum.

We bought our 1st National a few years ago and have never looked back. We have done a LOT of work on it, not out of necessity, just making it our own.

Right now it's hard to believe we would ever need to "upgrade" as we have everything we want/need right now. However, if the day ever comes, the wife and I both agree it will be another National.

Again....
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:46 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Great looking coach!
JOMARFL (FMCA 401058) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:40 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Great looking rig, welcome. We've full timed in our 2005 Dolphin for 7 years and counting.
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:19 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Taba,
The only drawings that I know of on line are at NationalRV : National_RV

You will need to sign up for free. In the files section of the home page under 2005 Seabreeze you will find what you are looking for. The drawings are for a 8360 model but it is the same floor plan as your 1350 except for storage at the back wall that has no effect on the systems. Glad you found this site and your Seabreeze, Enjoy.

Not many changes from 2005 to 2007 Also some general information at
http://www.pacnats.com/Links/NRV%20B...a%20Breeze.pdf
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	723.5 KB
ID:	27978

There she is in front of our stick and brick.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42

There she is in front of our stick and brick.
Jeez, you could at least clean it up a bit

She sure is gorgeous!
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Tony,
Welcome to the site. if you don't already belong to it, you should join the National group on Yahoo. A lot of info and knowledge over there. With the two sites, IRV2 and Yahoo you can find anything you are looking for.
NationalRV : National_RV

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:09 AM   #9

Thank you all for the comments - much appreciated. I will check out the links you all provided.

The new rig has been put to bed for the winter which is painful but at least I have all winter to get it set for the next season. Have been learning the ins and outs of what is a much more modern coach than our old one. There are a few challenges there but nothing extraordinary. Biggest task is doing every little bit of maintenance on the coach, chassis and generator I can so I have a baseline to start from.
TABA is offline   Reply With Quote