Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2019, 02:01 PM   #1

Outside Windshield Sun Protector

i have been thinking about getting a front windshield sun protector.
was wondering which brand that everyone usually buys?

how is the installation? how do u like it? how does it perform? does it
really keep the coach cooler? how about the warranty?
i know there is a few different brands and makes. which one does everyone
think is the best? Sunshade? Sunmaster? any other brands that u guys
recommend?

thanks for your comments and recommendations.
mr. seaview is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2019, 03:20 PM   #2

We wound up buying Magnashade at an FMCA Rally. Super magnets on the inside of the windshield hold apposing magnets built into the shade. Works good and does not require a ladder to put on/off.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:40 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
We started with an RV Quickshade. It is two pieces that installs on the inside of the windshield with four suction cups on each piece. It is easy to install and remove and is fine as a daytime privacy curtain. It does nothing to mitigate heat on the windshield or the dash because it is inside. We still use it when on the road if we stop somewhere we would like some privacy.

Our second purchase was the one that uses suction cups on the door side and a rubber tension strap that hooks to the window frame on the drivers side window. I was attracted to it because there were no holes drilled in the coach!

I don't remember who makes it. The suction cups need frequent replacing and almost always failed on windy days! I have a factory installed CB antenna mount that also prevented the shade from tensioning evenly across the windshield. I sold it to a guy with an Islander without the CB antenna and it fits his coach just fine. It did a decent job of heat mitigation.
My current cover is a Shade Master made by Shadepro. Their fabric is different from my prior purchases and the heat mitigation is great! We face West and on a sunny 100 degree day the dash gets warm but never even close to too hot to touch! I had their installer put it on and I am glad I made that decision. He tensioned it a bunch more than I would have. We bought the 3 piece set.
I looked at Magna Shade but I have Pacemaker/ Defib implant and my Dr told me to stay aware of magnets as they can screw it up. Magna Shade has that warning on their web site.
MikeandRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:42 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
X2 on Magnashade. Not cheap, but work well, easy to install and use. Have never had a problem with the magnets not holding them on even in high winds. Just have to come up with the budget to do the sides and rear window.

Hope this helps.
jhlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 01:45 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I’m unsure of what brand we have but it snaps on the outside and does a wonderful job of mitigating the heat. You can see out but in the day time people can’t see in. But if yours is a basement model like ours you better have a tall ladder to put it on. Ours is over 12 ft tall and the top snaps are pretty close to that.
Glamping2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wind, windshield