RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Unhappy Please help!!

We just purchased a used 2001 National Tradewinds motorhome. We are recently retired and new to the motorhome scene. We have encountered a problem with the bedroom slide.It is actually only a closet slide but all of a sudden it will slide out lacking about 6 inches. We have looked everywhere but can't find the motor to the slide. The large living slide motor was easy to find but no luck on the closet slide. By not sliding all the way out it stops the nightstand drawers from opening all the way. The model number is 7370. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We have all of the manuals for the coach but it does not tell anywhere where to find the motor for the little slide. Thanks again!

tazgran is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to irv2 tazgran.
The motor is probably under the floor of slide. I believe you Power gear slides is that right?

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #3

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Does your bed lift up for storage? Some wardrobe slide unit motors are located under the bed storage area. I had a coach in the shop a few weeks ago, and there was a 6" wide x 12" long panel in the floor under the bed held down with about 6 srews. Drive motor was located there.

Paul
pkendzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks for your replies. We will look under the bed and under the closet floor. Thanks again! This is a great forum.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:12 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
So, the slide goes out a little then it stops, will it also slide in. Look on top of the slide to make sure there is holding it from going out. Also check the sides to be sure nothing has dropped in there. I sent an email to two gentlemen on this forum who both have 37' Tradewinds, they should be able to tell you where the motor is. Once you find the Motor you can slide a lever and then put a rachet on it and manually move the slide in and out. If it won't go out manually all the way something is in the way blocking it. Let us know how it goes.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:19 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
I just reviewed your profile and see we are almost neighbors. I live in the SL Valley. You will love the TradeWinds, we have had ours for 6 years and really enjoy it. Welcome to the Forum. Is your's a front or mid door 7370?
Old 07-13-2010, 09:01 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Yes our Tradewinds is a mid entry which we really like, of course you lose a small amount of living area with the steps in the middle but it is a tadeoff I guess. We just got it 2 weeks ago and so far we really like it. We have always had a fifth wheel but with this you can just get in and go! We retired two years ago and this will be a lot better for us. We also have a little dog. She is a 5lb. yorkie and loves to ride in the front window. Thanks for the post. This forum is fun and a way to make friends with something in common. Jim & Rexina and of course our little Roxie
Old 07-13-2010, 12:15 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Jim,

Check this out 'National RV' Rally ( 1 2 3 4) there are three of us meeting up in Northern New Mexico end of this month. We only met on this forum. Both have 37' Tradewinds, 1 like yours and the other is a front entry door. Both of them have done a lot to improve their MHs. So we decided to have a First Ever NATIONAL Orphan Ralley. If you can make it you'll get a lot of ideas for changing the interior. Look at their folders to see what they've done, including new decals and paint. Also, tv upgrades. I'll check to see if there is still electrical and water hook ups available if you're interested. It's about a days ride from here through Moab over to Durango and then about 50 miles south from there.
OH, VegasDan and TheBerrys are their Forum names.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:14 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The slide motor is under your bed. Same as mine.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:12 PM   #10

The motor and actuator are under the false bottom of your storage compartment under the bed. The motor has two small screws which are the inner and outer stops. I don't recall which direction to turn the screw to increase the outer travel, but seem to recall counter clockwise. Hope this helps.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:42 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
So, what ever happened??
Old 08-13-2010, 09:53 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Hey Tazgran, what was the solution to your slide problem? Your experiance may help someone else.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:44 AM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, we unfortunately still have the problem. Thanks to this forum we have found the motor under the bed. This motor does not have a manual override so we still can't get the closet slide all the way out. We have checked all of the connections and cleaned the switches but still no luck. It is a closet slide and only lacks about 4 inches from going out all of the way.It is just enough to keep from getting our nightdtand drawer all the way out and it covers up half of our TV in the bedroom. We had a repairman come look at it and even he was at a loss but he is coming the first of the week to see what the problem is. The bar that the closet slides out on is completely enclosed so we cannot see if something inside is stopping it. Hopefully the repairman can can get more info on the motor as he has never seen one without an override. He took the info from it and is doing some research. Keep your fingers crossed for us. I will post next week with an update. In the meantime we are still open to suggestions!! We are leaving for the Oregon Coast next weekend and are hoping all is well by then. Thanks for your help!!
Old 08-14-2010, 09:59 AM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Well I guess I should pay more attention to the posts as I just read one from Ken C that he left a while back. He told of an inner screw and outer screw on the motor that controls the in and out of the slide. My husband is out of town but will bw back tomorrow and is going to try that. I can't believe I missed his post but it is the first thing that makes sense. Cross your fingers, he will adjust the screw as Ken C. suggested. If it works not only has Ken solved our problem but maybe saved us a big repair bill!! Can you tell I am excited? I will post again on Monday after we try Ken's suggestion. Boy, this forum is great!