RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #1

Poli Glow

Well I finally got tired of looking at the front and rear end caps of the Dolphin. I have tried to restore the shine to both, with NO success. I was at wits end as to what I could do other than spend a lot of money and have them clear coated. I went ahead and purchased Poli Glow, now I know this is suppose to be a short cut, but believe me, it took all day Saturday to do one end of the coach. I have heard and read all the stories about the product. I finished the rear end late Sat. and was really happy with the results. I will keep everyone posted anout the products finish. I know as of today it shines better than the day I picked it up. Thanks Gayle

gseefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

So where do you buy Poli Glow? I will be interested in how long it keeps its shine.

Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:17 AM   #3

poli glow

Mike, I have been reading everything I could about the results of using poli glow on boats. I have heard the good and the bad view points, but my Dolphin just needed some spark. I did not have the $ to get it clear coated so I am trying this product. I looked under the poli glow web site and called them, they were very informative about the product. I believe the entire kit cost about $ 71.00. shipped. I am trying the finish the lower half of the front of the coach before we leave on a 2 week trip east. I will keep everyone posted as to the condition of the product. I have used over half a bottle for the front and rear caps. The results sure does look better than it did before poli glow. Let me know if you try it, and what you think. Gayle
gseefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:50 AM   #4

Hello Everyone,
I have a 06 Seabreeze and I also used the Poli Glow. Great Stuff!! I have used it not for about a 2 years and the stuff works great, but it does take awhile. I only used it on the Front and Back caps.

Thanks,
John
JohnM. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:29 AM   #5

Here's another alternative. However, I have not used it so can not offer any opinions. I was planning to use it on the roof of my '05 Dolphin as well.
http://www.marinestore.com/vertglas....44234681190011

Kent
KentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:38 AM   #6

Did the Polyglow treatment on my entire fiver. All I can say is WOW! It shines like never before. They claim it will last up to one year and after the initial treatment will only require cleaning and one or two additional coats. I live about as far away from FL as you can be and still be in the continental US and I had my product in two days. Did encounter a problem (my fault) on one side and a call to them got me on the right track in about five minutes. There service was second to none.
450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #7

Poliglow is amazing, it does take a while to prep the surface, using the cleaner degreaser provided in the kit is essential, the result are fantastic.

I used this on my former 1985 Pace arrow, that i bought with heavy oxidation, I used an old kitchen scrub pad (not as scratchy as a new one) to prep the ribbed faded fiberglass surface. I applied one coat and all i can say is WOW WOW WOW! Way better than you can ever get with wax, the gel coat and graphics looked like new.

In my opinion this product is the best solution for an older coach where the finish is showing it's age. Poliglow can look like a glazed donut if you are not careful with the prep and application process. Dirt insect etc can get trapped in the finish. If not applied with the supplied Chamois applicator some brush marks or air bubbles may be detectable after it dries. However if any of this occurs it can be easily corrected with the Poliglow prep cleaner and reapplication of Poliglow.

There is a bonus, Dirt and grime wont stick to it, black streaks wipe right off, washing the coach is very easy.

Durability is awesome, my coach is located in Long Beach California with very moderate weather, your results may vary. We do get long hot days in the summer and this stuff held up amazingly well. After 18 months some small areas started to peel. Probably because I didn’t follow the instructions and apply multiple coats, To correct this I used the same Blue cleaner prep solution provided with the kit to treat the problem area, and then recoated the entire section of the motor home. The results were fantastic, the patched area blended perfectly and was a lot less effort to apply.

So enjoy your investment in Poliglow, I did, people would actually come up to the coach and touch it and comment on how great it looked. I am sure it added value at resale and helped me get it sold.

I bought a new National Coach in 2004, which I love, great coach. This stuff is worth the extra effort. When the Dolphin is starts to show its age, I will be using Poliglow again.
04sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:13 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
I used Poly Ox on my decals and they recovered niceley. I haven't used Poly Glow but if it's as good as Polw Ox then it's worth the $75.
http://www.poliglow-int.com/poliglow.phtml
Here is there website addy

Dick