RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
We have a 2006 Dolphin 5432. On several occasions this fall I found the jacks would not work, nor would the genset start. Found the problem to be a 150 amp circuit breaker in the BCC under the passenger side. This breaker seems to pop every time we go out on the road and I have to reset it when we try to set up. I have found no shorts in the system. Anybody have any ideas or similar experience?

Wjmt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Could be that the braker is weak,happens on stick homes too.

Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:50 AM   #3

Exactly what I was gonna say.

You're popping a 150AMP breaker? 150? If so, you've got a major problem....and I'm surprised the motorhome hasn't blown up!

Change the breaker. Hopefully that's all it is. If not, will your seller dealer honor any warranty claim? Good luck!
jerseyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:22 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Is the breaker labeled as to what system it is for?
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:17 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Thanks for the inputs. The breaker is only connected to the genset and jack motor. I have found no short of any kind. You may be right that the breaker is weak and needs to be replaced. The manual only makes reference to it when there is no power to the jacks or genset starter motor. strange!!
Old 01-01-2009, 03:57 AM   #6

The NRV owners manual leaves LOTS to be desired...especially with the electrical systems (the printed diagram doesn't match the actual fusebox, for instance)...I complained to NRV about it...they responded that many changes were done in production...midstream...and they couldn't kind of "keep up with it"...whatever. I pointed out that perhaps if an entire manual could not be produced, an inserted ammendment page could certainly not be ruled out. No comment.
When my slide failed to open once, (turning the key to "in", I could hear and feel the motor responding) I went to the manual and found the slide was controlled by a 30 AMP fuse. Even tho it looked good, I replaced it. Still wouldn't go out. I removed the in/out switch from the wall, put a meter on it...it was good.
Called the dealer, went there...HE couldn't figure it out. HIS books showed nothing more than I had. THEN...NRV told him (on the phone) that in certain units of my year, two relays were put in the slide-out system. One relay for "out" another for "in". Where? Somewhere around the converter/inverter/fuse panel area.
WE found it...under alot of wire harness. Hidden. Each relay had it's own 30AMP fuse...and the "out" fuse was the culprit. Swapped that out...everything worked. (THREE 30AMP fuses on the slideout. Huh?)
Bummer. 20 bucks for gas to and from the dealer and 2 bucks for the fuse (installed, of course).
DOUBLE bummer.
jerseyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:50 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Just to let you all know, I did find the problem. The breaker sits in the ciompartment right behind the left front wheel. When you hit a good bump (Ohio has many potholes) it apparently flips the little lever. I have to reset it about every trip. Not sure what can be done about it as it would be very hard to move the breaker elsewhere.
Thanks for the inputs.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:43 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by Wjmt001:
We have a 2006 Dolphin 5432. On several occasions this fall I found the jacks would not work, nor would the genset start. Found the problem to be a 150 amp circuit breaker in the BCC under the passenger side. This breaker seems to pop every time we go out on the road and I have to reset it when we try to set up. I have found no shorts in the system. Anybody have any ideas or similar experience?
The refrigerator/vacuum 15A breaker in my Pacifica used to randomly trip. I got tired of it and replaced it with the washer/dryer 15A breaker and it never tripped again. I had the questionable breaker sitting on my workbench and heard it trip just sitting there with no connection to it. I replaced it with a breaker from Home Depot and everything is fine.
tomjkarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:26 PM   #9

Quote:
The refrigerator/vacuum 15A breaker in my Pacifica used to randomly trip. I got tired of it and replaced it with the washer/dryer 15A breaker and it never tripped again. I had the questionable breaker sitting on my workbench and heard it trip just sitting there with no connection to it. I replaced it with a breaker from Home Depot and everything is fine.
tomjkarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:02 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Two thoughts. If it is tripping due to vibration try mounting it on a rubber base. The second is to try turning it 90 degrees on the mounting. Just a thought or two.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Again thanks for the input. The breaker is not readily easy to turn or move so for now I'll just have to keep restting it when we get to our destination.