Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2017, 06:55 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Potential new Dolphin owner

See if this link will take you there, if not look up 2005 Dolphin hard fueling back in May of this yr.
2005 Dolphin hard fueling.
I couldn't get the link to work from my iPad I will have to try from the desktop.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2017, 07:57 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by keef033 View Post
Wow, nice work. What products did you use. Mine is also oxidized.
I had a craftmans 2 speed 7" polisher from painting my cars in my younger days, and used it. I also have a Porter Cable orbital but it wasn't up to the task. I ended up using the 7" polisher with a wool pad on low speed with Meguires 44 color restorer, then Turtle wax ICE for the wax. I also bought a used section of scaffolding on wheels to work off of, makes it so much easier. Too hard for an old man to work off of a ladder too long. I think if I wax it a couple times a year now, I can keep it looking real good. I found the used scaffolding on craigslist for $50.00, best 50 I've spent this summer. I ended up using 2 bottles of the 44 and 1 bottle of the wax. The wax can be put on in direct sun as long as it's not too hot. It makes the window frames look good too.

I didn't have the fueling problem with my coach, it takes fuel pretty fast, both going in and going out.

2003 Dolphin 5320 sold
Charlie 5320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:03 AM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie 5320 View Post
I had a craftmans 2 speed 7" polisher from painting my cars in my younger days, and used it. I also have a Porter Cable orbital but it wasn't up to the task. I ended up using the 7" polisher with a wool pad on low speed with Meguires 44 color restorer, then Turtle wax ICE for the wax. I also bought a used section of scaffolding on wheels to work off of, makes it so much easier. Too hard for an old man to work off of a ladder too long. I think if I wax it a couple times a year now, I can keep it looking real good. I found the used scaffolding on craigslist for $50.00, best 50 I've spent this summer. I ended up using 2 bottles of the 44 and 1 bottle of the wax. The wax can be put on in direct sun as long as it's not too hot. It makes the window frames look good too.

I didn't have the fueling problem with my coach, it takes fuel pretty fast, both going in and going out.
Thank you. Great idea getting the scaffolding. I will tackle this job when the weather warms up a bit.
keef033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:04 AM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
See if this link will take you there, if not look up 2005 Dolphin hard fueling back in May of this yr.
2005 Dolphin hard fueling.
I couldn't get the link to work from my iPad I will have to try from the desktop.
Thanks. I found the thread. It does not look like too big of a job. I will see how mine works after my first fill up before actually changing anything.
keef033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:55 PM   #33

National RV Owners Club
It looks like you have gotten a lot of info from different owners but the one you should try and get in touch with is the last owner of that Rig.
Being you haven't bought it yet you might ask the dealer for the address or phone number of the owner that had it before you.
That way he may tell you something about the Rig that the seller may have forgot to tell you.
Just a thought
Walter5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:56 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter5555 View Post
It looks like you have gotten a lot of info from different owners but the one you should try and get in touch with is the last owner of that Rig.

Being you haven't bought it yet you might ask the dealer for the address or phone number of the owner that had it before you.

That way he may tell you something about the Rig that the seller may have forgot to tell you.

Just a thought

That would be nice. If there is any service records that come with the rig look thru them real good you should be able to find their number in there. Best I can tell I'm the third owner of mine and I was able to reach the original first owner of the unit. He told me how much he paid new and I was floored compared to what I gave for it some 11yrs. and 22,000 miles later.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:27 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
That would be nice. If there is any service records that come with the rig look thru them real good you should be able to find their number in there. Best I can tell I'm the third owner of mine and I was able to reach the original first owner of the unit. He told me how much he paid new and I was floored compared to what I gave for it some 11yrs. and 22,000 miles later.
I'm the 3rd owner on mine too. The 1st owner passed away and the 2nd owner bought it in 06 for $79,000.00. The service records for mine were all from the 1st owner, the 2nd owner was like me and did the service himself. The 1st owner had Mobile one in it, even the generator, but the 2nd owner changed it back to dino oil and changed it every 3000 miles, and once a year on the generator. My generator only had 120 hours on it when I bought the coach, so I thought maybe the meter didn't work. It does. Been thinking about changing it back to Mobil 1 but don't know how many miles I'll really put on it. I only put on 3700 miles last year, barley enough for an oil change for the year if left on dino oil. I'm not a 3000 mile change interval because it's used mainly on the road, but will change it yearly regardless how many miles.

2003 Dolphin 5320 sold
Charlie 5320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:06 AM   #36

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2inclassof56 View Post
My 2004 Dolphin 6342 also has a whine which is normal for the Allison transmission, if You are on the West coast, and have windows that are fogged Dave Root in La Pine , Oregon does a spectacular job of repairing them. This is My 4th Coach and absolutely love it.
I use these guys for fogged windows.
If you are in SoCal, they will come to you:
Auto Glass Boss - Mesa - Apache Junction - Chandler - Gilbert Arizona
Mudd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dolphin