Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2010, 07:49 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
pursuit alarm system

My alarm system went off today and I finally figgered out how to turn it off..It seems as if when you disconnect the batteries,etc,it arnms it and when you try to start the engine,it doesn't and a horn goes off.I found a key fob and that seems to work.
I found a piece of paper in the MH that says Pursuit alarm system and the old owner had all the booklets in a file folder,but not this one,even tho it was listed on an index.There are no labels on the white unit over the dash which has a white ball,an on/off switch and a red light that flashes ALL the time.There is a tiny push button and red light installed on the left side of the dash that I'm almost afraid to push and a tiny red light outside on wall to the rear of the entrance door.
I googled it but couldn't find anything that matches it.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #2

Hi Big Dog,
We also have a 2001 7390 Tradewinds that we purcased about three years ago with the same alarm system. We had the remote that we used to turn it on and off. After a couple months when I tried to turn it off, it wouldn't work. When I opened the door, I heard a beeping noise that was coming from the compartment under the drivers window. There was a fuse with a light in the center that was blinking. I pulled the fuse out and the beeping stopped and also killed the alarm system. To this day I have never pursued having it repaired.

If I understand it correctly, the little red light and button to the left of the dash has something to do with, if you leave your MH to be worked on, the service personnel are able to enter and leave without tripping the alarm. At least that's what I've been told.

I do my own maintenance and am pretty familiar with the coach, if you have any other questions, I would be glad to answer them. In fact, this weekend, I will be replacing the filter on the air system. That is a large filter about 6 inches wide X 6 1/2 inches high and weighs about 10 lbs and goes on top of the slobber tube. I just learned that it's important to replace this filter. ...always something. Feel free to contact me any time. I live in Dallas and my phone is 972-279-5234.

Larry
Ragman is offline   Reply With Quote