Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
Question on 2001 Sea View leveling equipment

I recently purchased a 2001 Sea View. I have never had a leveling system and have questions about the one in this motorhome. There is a round cover over the bubble levels with numbers at the bottom. What do they stand for? What do they do? They seem to change the bubble inside but I don't know what it means.

Second question: I seem to keep getting the front tires almost off the ground to get it level. There apparently is no way to come down with any of the jacks without completely starting over. Is there a correct order for the jacks? I had someone check my motorhome today and he said one of the rear jacks was a little bit high - but apparently not off enough to put in the slides, lower all the jacks, and start all over again. Is there a better way?
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #2

Any sign of a brand name on the control box; HWH ? ; could be the company is still around and you could down load a users manual .
Old 04-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #3

The numbers indicate how many inches you are lo/hi horizontally. You turn it till the left/right bubble is centered and read the numbers. I just leave mine at zero and level to center the bubble. The screw hole openings are for calibrating it on a level surface.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Great suggestion! It says "Power Gear". I will see what I can come up with. Thanks!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
National suggests you lower your front jacks till you feel the front raise about 3", then level from there. Guess this will prevent the frame from twisting, and possibly popping out a windshield.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #6

I lower my rear jacks till they just touch, then I level with my front as necessary. That way I have the step closer to the ground.

As far as starting over. Not necessary. Press the Release button, then immediately press the off button. Press on and continue. That way they will only minimally retract. I'm usually on pretty level ground where I camp. Almost the same spot every time.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:41 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Thanks for the advice! I contacted the company and they sent me a link to a manual to download. It is very technical and tells me a lot about parts and wiring, but nothing about operation.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Attached is the operating manual for your leveling system. The bubble level is for once your parked it gives you an idea how your coach is seating. If you rotate the clear cover either left or right the level that is in line with the left and right of the coach will move. The numbers tell you how many inches you need to raise the left or right side of the coach. The other level is for the front to back of the coach. If you did not get the owners manual with your coach you may be able to find it on this site or you can try here NationalRV : National_RV You will need to join the group to view the files.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Power Gear Leveling Jacks Operating Manual.pdf (572.6 KB, 33 views)
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Get an RV EzLevel. Sold at Camping World or probably available at Amazon. So much easier to use than that leveler you have now.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #10

Our 2000 Sea View came with a VHS on how to do the jacks. They do recommend front first, then the back to keep the windshield from tweaking cause crack or pop out.

We also have to raise the front up often having to put boards under the tires and jacks. If you park on level ground our front is noticeably lower than than the back which is why the front has to raise so much.

I love driving into an RV park that advertises level lots and they go downhill forcing us to raise the front even higher.

2000 Sea View 34' Ford V10
rvgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
I am probably the 3rd or 4th owner of this coach so any DVDs have long since disappeared. The last owners gave me everything they had and I had already looked thru that paperwork. They gave me an hour of instruction in the parking lot before I took off with it. I had never even driven it......but I was familiar with the rig because I was in a club with the former owners and had seen it many times. I also knew they were great people and had taken good care of it. They said they learned most of their operating proceedures by trial and error. I bought it 2 months ago today and am finally starting to feel familiar with it.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #12

Barbara - due to my husband's Alzheimer's I am having to learn all this stuff including driving it. I have driven it a couple hours just to be familiar but when we leave this Workamper job (I only work) I will be doing all the driving. I will have to know my route well cause he will not be able to help - was always bad at maps anyway.

Wish I knew a place that could copy the VHS to DVD then I would send you a copy. We don't even have a VHS player anymore. I know there are places that do it but I don't think in the smaller town we are in.

Keep up the good job and remember there is always new things coming up to learn.

2000 Sea View 34' Ford V10
rvgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
I am not good with maps either so I am totally dependant on my GPS. It has steered me wrong sometimes.....but always gotten me to where I wanted to be.

I think everyone should be familiar with operating their RV. A friend of mine didn't listen and she ended up in Colorado (she is from Texas) and her husband passed away. She couldn't drive her rig (or standard shift car) to get back to Texas and someone had to fly out there to help her.

Tags
leveling