Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2015, 02:27 AM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicefsmith View Post
in that list how about the Islander, I am looking at to buy a 2002 Islander diesel model M9401, I would like to know where on the list it fits, any other comments on that model would be appreciated. good or bad.
I own a 2002 National Islander. I purchased it in 2008 and love it. Unit handles very well with the Dynamax chassis. I feel the bays are larger than most other units. The Islander was top of the line for National. As u probably know, National folded in 2008 I believe. If you bought the Islander I hope you have many years of enjoyment with it.
Bummer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2015, 12:44 PM   #16

National Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer48 View Post
I own a 2002 National Islander. I purchased it in 2008 and love it. Unit handles very well with the Dynamax chassis. I feel the bays are larger than most other units. The Islander was top of the line for National. As u probably know, National folded in 2008 I believe. If you bought the Islander I hope you have many years of enjoyment with it.
I also have a 2001 Islander and I like the storage in these units, that country coach Dynamax chassis is great!. This was the high end coach until they started making Pacifica's
One thing I dislike about the unit is the TV up front, crazy system, how you going to watch tv in the driver and passenger seats? I ripped that thing out and back in the kitchen where the glass mir. is I ripped that off and put a 40' flat led TV. Now I turn the two chairs around and can watch a big tv! I don't know if you would be able to do that as it might have a small "wall" behind the drivers seat.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:49 PM   #17

I think the Surf Side was the entry level one with the Sea Breeze next.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:14 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My Seabreeze has a fairly large shower. No tub.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:20 AM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a 29 ft SurfSide The SurfSide was the low end of the National line but in our opinion the low end of national is way about a lot of others. It does have just a shower not tub also. Bill
onecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:18 PM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Where did Tradewinds fit in the pecking order?
LakeKerrGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:54 AM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
My Seabreeze in 2004 was the entry level I believe, and the LX models were a step up but also on different chassis from what I have read. The LX models were typically on the Workhorse and the base models on the Ford F-53. Mine in particular is on the F-53 22K chassis, one big difference is the fords of that vintage are on 19.5 wheels and the Workhorse I believe was on 22's. Likely makes a difference in ride. The models are different mostly in trim and accessories, I think the, what I call "National quality" is apparent in all model levels. I looked at many brands and models when shopping and for me, National came out on top.

Back to original issue, there are many "tub cuts" on the market now, my brother does home renovations for handicapped and injured customers and is continually installing tub cuts, essentially, like it sound, you cut the tub side to a particular dimension to match these devices and they attach with adhesive caulking to provide a step through into the tub. Maybe could find one of them to fit your tub and solve problem.

Walk In Bathtub, Tub Conversion, Bath Step | Safeway Safety Step

Here is one for an example. There are dozens of others.
trode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:17 AM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeKerrGuy View Post
Where did Tradewinds fit in the pecking order?
close to, if not, top of the line I think
trode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 11:09 PM   #23

Trading in my 1999 7371 National Tradewinds on a toy hauler. We have loved our Tradewinds and have always kept it in a garage. The quality of the coach is great.
When it was new I think I remember a cost of $175k. We bought the coach in 2001 for half. We took it to La Mesa RV and the buyer walked in the door and said "wow this is beautiful". Still not sure on which toy hauler to trade for!
bhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:24 AM   #24

looking to buy national sea breeze 5th wheel

the national sea breeze 2300 5th wheel looks very well built, an experiences with this model, are parts hard to find? we have a 1992 ford f250 7.5 litre with 4.10 axle ratio, ford says it will tow 12500 fifth wheel and the sea breeze is 10,800 lbs. will it really do it, we don't plan to carry much nor travel with too much water.
mrssarge02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:57 PM   #25

National RV Owners Club
Steps to get in and out of the tub.

Make a style type step of 5" or 6" high with a couple of straps attached to each, let them hang over the entrance to the tub after your wife get into the tub she can put the one that's inside of the tub on the out side until she wants to get out.
Just a thought.
Walter5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:51 AM   #26

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks for the suggestion Walter, but she can't raise her legs up very far. When I bought the MH it only had 1 step to get up into the coach ( 12" ) rise. It was too much, so I had to install a Kwikee 2 step.

That works but I have to be careful that I am on really flat ground so the steps don't hit it.

Now that I think about it, I should sell the single step unit.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:26 AM   #27

Hi from Las Vegas,

I am new to the forum as I am in the process of evaluating the purchase of a 2001 National Marlin M350. So I don't think the question of this thread was clearly answered as to the pecking order. Can someone provide the list from top-of-the-line to entry-level?

Many thanks,
Donnie B
donnieb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national