Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Questions regarding 2 switches in our 1997 Seabreeze

We recently purchased a 1997 Seabreeze and there are 2 switches we are hoping someone can tell us what they are for. We do not have a manual that explains these 2 switches. The first one is the AUX1 switch on the dash, would that be used if we had a backup camera? This is probably a lame question but we are new to RV'ing so we have no idea what this switch is for. The next switch is in the cabinet above the passenger side seat, it looks like a power outlet but there is a red switch that you can turn off and on, what is that switch controlling? Any ideas? Thank you for your help!!
lv2huntbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
The AUX switches were for dealer installed options. They may or may not be connected. My 2001 dolphin has AUX1 and AUX2. I checked under the dash. They both have power to them but they aren't connected to anything on the output side.

The overhead one I'm not sure. It may be for the TV?

mike
mike9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:13 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Aux switch on dash may not be hooked up---mine is not. The lighted switch in the cabinet---usually lighted ones are battery disconnect? Water heater? Basement lighting? Water pump?
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:29 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike9999 View Post
The AUX switches were for dealer installed options. They may or may not be connected. My 2001 dolphin has AUX1 and AUX2. I checked under the dash. They both have power to them but they aren't connected to anything on the output side.

The overhead one I'm not sure. It may be for the TV?

mike

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking AUX1 probably not connected to anything but was just curious as to what one would connect to it. Makes sense now. Still not sure about the one up in the cabinet though. I was thinking maybe for satellite? Although we don't have one. There is a VCR up in that same cabinet but turning the switch off and on does not seem to do anything. Strange.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
Aux switch on dash may not be hooked up---mine is not. The lighted switch in the cabinet---usually lighted ones are battery disconnect? Water heater? Basement lighting? Water pump?

We have a battery disconnect near the entry door and the water heater and water pump switches are on the monitor panel. This switch up in the overhead cabinet has me stumped. Thought maybe it was for satellite or antenna although we don't have a satellite but maybe previous owner did. Thanks for the reply though.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:48 PM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Is the switch in the overhead a pushbutton switch ?

If so, it will be the Winguard antenna booster.
96 Wideglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Is the switch in the overhead a pushbutton switch ?

If so, it will be the Winguard antenna booster.

No it's a switch that if you slide it one way it turns on a little red light, the other way the light turns off. It is on what looks like a regular power outlet you would see in your home BUT the openings are covered so you can't actually plug into the outlet. I know, I should probably just post a picture, I bet that would make it a lot easier. I am wondering though if it may have something to do with the antenna. Next time I go to storage I will snap a picture and post it. Thanks for your reply.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
That switch inside the cabinet if for your TV antenna amplifier. You will want it on only if you are watching TV and using the off air antenna. All other times it is just one of the parasitic battery loads.
onecb is offline   Reply With Quote