RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:51 AM   #1

Random horn beep

I have a 1996 National rv Dolphin, ford chassis, 460) For several years I get random small horn sounding for 5-10 seconds. It happens while driving on flat surplus, curves left and right, uphill and down hill. it will stop when I put it in park. if I come to a stop and do not put it in park it will beep.I always thought it was a jack issue ie low oil, i've check the oil several time and it at the proper level, i've added some amount and no change. sometime I can drive for days without a horn sound. I changed the jack reservoir switch and no change. I decided to disconnect the jack switch, it didn't help. on the engine display panel, all lights are working correctly. I've talked to some people who previously worked at National Rv. and they couldn't help me except that there is a small horn behind the display panel.It hard to have some troubleshoot when it so random. Ive even took the resovoir assembly and removed it from the frame and cleaned all grounding services. The emergency brake and light system work fine. I don't know what else to check. I thought disconnecting the horn and put a light so i can at least eliminate the sound, but I like to know what causing the random sound.

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Thanks for taking the time to read this article.

Gordeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2019, 11:23 PM   #2

I'd lean towards a jack down buzzer , if the sound stops when you shift to park.

B-in-L had a 05 Tiffin on Workhorse chassis and his , jack down buzzer, would go off after every fuel or lunch stop.
Heat from the exhaust would cause enough pressure build up in the hydraulic system to move a jack and trigger the buzzer.
Talked to HWH and their idea was to have him use the store button after every hot start up , after two mins the system shuts off, so you can just push store and drive.
Might be worth a try.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:22 AM   #3

random horn sound

thanks for the input, however, I do not have a store button. Also, it still does it after I disconnected the jack switch so it is inactive. no help Thanks again
Gordeno is offline   Reply With Quote