Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #1

Thumbs up Rattles

Hey All..... thought I'd pass this along. I decided to chase some more noises in my 04 Dolphin. I removed the frame around the front TV, very easy to do, simply remove the two plugs from inside the cabnets on each side of the TV and remove the sheetrock screws that hold the frame in place and the one screw that is aimed up into the roof from the outside of the frame and it comes right off in your hands. I them removed the TV, not easy as its about 100 lbs!!! Turns out all the screws were either missing or loose. Tightened everything, reinstall TV with two other people helping, replace the sheetrock screws with stainless and it has made huge difference in the front end noises over the bumps!!! Hope this helps the other fussy people out there! David
Post43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to JJH3rd
Actually, the real cause of the problem is that 100lb TV. I had to replace the RCA tube-type TV with an LCD flat panel TV and I've noticed a real difference in the way the front suspension performs. It's like I've taken away a 100lb hammer from over my head.

JJ
JJH3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:43 AM   #3

I'm sure ur right! I added air suspension and dropped the front tires to 75lbs. (After weighing the truck and consulting michlin tire chart on internet. HUGE HUGE HUGE IMPROVEMENT!
Old 11-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #4

I replaced mine with a 32" Samsung LED Flatscreen. Took two of us to take it out, but I put the new one in myself. That much weight difference.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #5

Nice. How did you mount the flatsceen?
Old 11-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post43 View Post
Hey All..... thought I'd pass this along. I decided to chase some more noises in my 04 Dolphin. I removed the frame around the front TV, very easy to do, simply remove the two plugs from inside the cabnets on each side of the TV and remove the sheetrock screws that hold the frame in place and the one screw that is aimed up into the roof from the outside of the frame and it comes right off in your hands. I them removed the TV, not easy as its about 100 lbs!!! Turns out all the screws were either missing or loose. Tightened everything, reinstall TV with two other people helping, replace the sheetrock screws with stainless and it has made huge difference in the front end noises over the bumps!!! Hope this helps the other fussy people out there! David
Yes it does and i want to Thank You for sharing, too bad you couldn't have taken some pictures along the way! Just for the record, 04 Dolphin ???? which one do you have?
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Delmar, Md.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #7

Its the 5320. Workhorse chassis with 22.5 tires.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post43 View Post
Nice. How did you mount the flatsceen?
I first went to Sam's and bought a Samsung 32" that would fit inside the fascia. Not all 32" LED/LCD are the same overall size. I used the original fascia and built around it. The top filler board is covered with colored burlap. On a degree if difficulty rating, I would give it a 1.5 or less.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:45 AM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
IMHO, TV is another area where size really matters, especially if you are planning to go full-time, as we are.

A 42" with a thin frame (downward firing speakers) fits vertically. It does overlap the flip-up doors on either side, but using a double arm mount fixes that - the TV can be pulled out and swung from side to side.

I will probably make narrow cabinet doors this spring.
mbrandt1402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My dead weight tv is gone as well. Replaced with a 32 Vizio razor. Super easy install behind the stock frame. Also took a few pounds out of the front tires and added Koni shocks. Bye bye to those terrible Bilstiens

Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
I found a LCD LED 32" TV that was slightly narrower than the inside of the Dolphin's wooden cabinet. With the front cabinet off and laying face down , put the TV inside
the cabinet then screwed door frame casing behind the sides and bottom of the TV
to hold it in place. I filled the gap at the top with a piece of maple. This TV weighted
only 14 lbs. It has worked fine for 2 years now , or about 21,000 miles of travels.
GREGORYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:33 AM   #12

Thanks for the pics y'all, they all look great. Is it possible to get a mount of sorts that would allow you to pull our and lower the tv down a bit?
Old 11-12-2013, 06:33 AM   #13

Woops, that should have read Pull out and down to view the tv!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #14

I haven't done a conversion yet but I did one on my boat. Problem with what you want is that the tv will be outside the frame or smaller than the frame to be able to come out. I guarantee it flies around and will need to be contained somehow. I would rather see it permanently mounted so it's secure and quiet.