RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4
rear dual rv tires

i am in need of clips for my rear dual tires to put air in them. the air steam is to loose to get the gage to stay on it.
__________________

tltampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
jfran304's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Warner Robins, GA
Posts: 2,613
Do yourself a favor and invest in some Dually Valve stems. They are solid metal valve stems that extend to the outside of the outer dually.

Dually valve kits for Motor-homes, Busses and 6-wheeled chassis

Jon
__________________

__________________
Jon & Sue Francis (Retired U.S.A.F.)
Lil Girl-Rescued, Abby Rescued, Peaches Rescued
06 Allegro 35TSA Workhorse Chassis
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
tropical36's Avatar
 
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by tltampa View Post
i am in need of clips for my rear dual tires to put air in them. the air steam is to loose to get the gauge to stay on it.
Mine have SS braided hoses mounted on brackets that are secured under the wheel cover lugs and are actually the easiest to use than all the rest.
__________________
07 Revolution LE 40E_1 1/2 Baths_Spartan MM Chassis_06 400HP C9 CAT_ Allison 3000
Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER
1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (SOLD)
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
njs42's Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Federal Way, Wa.
Posts: 2,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical36 View Post
Mine have SS braided hoses mounted on brackets that are secured under the wheel cover lugs and are actually the easiest to use than all the rest.

Actually I personally did not find this to be the case for me.

I went from braids, which were fine, to dually valves and I find the Dually Valves much easier. Also when ever I washed my wheels I used to hit my hands on those brackets and cut myself. Now there is nothing restricting access to the entire wheel. Much easier to clean.

I added Alligator brand valve caps that allow filling the tire without removing the cap. They are a great little product, very substantially made, if they are the original alligator brand. It makes checking the air pressure easy and fast.
__________________
I do all my own stunts
03 Dolphin LX 6355, Workhorse W22, 8.1 vortec, 04 CR-V, Blue Ox, Brake Pro----Norm, Barb and
Doc(He's a PhD)
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
tropical36's Avatar
 
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
Actually I personally did not find this to be the case for me.

I went from braids, which were fine, to dually valves and I find the Dually Valves much easier. Also when ever I washed my wheels I used to hit my hands on those brackets and cut myself. Now there is nothing restricting access to the entire wheel. Much easier to clean.

I added Alligator brand valve caps that allow filling the tire without removing the cap. They are a great little product, very substantially made, if they are the original alligator brand. It makes checking the air pressure easy and fast.
Problem I once had with turn back extensions and the like is that they would get loose and leak, so the hose extensions have worked best for me.
__________________
07 Revolution LE 40E_1 1/2 Baths_Spartan MM Chassis_06 400HP C9 CAT_ Allison 3000
Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER
1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (SOLD)
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
Senior Member


 
National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: silverdale wa.
Posts: 1,125
It would be nice if there were a system that would keep the pressure equal in the two tires.I have one that seems to lose 5#, and only 5#,and we can't seem to find any leak.
Of course,if you had a system like that and had a catastrophic failure in one,you'd lose the other one also. OOppss
__________________
BIGDOG
'01 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
2011 Jeep Liberty
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Jerry J's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: On the Road
Posts: 602
I have CrossFires and really like them for the ease of filling and the sharing of air between the tires. If one goes flat, the other one won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
It would be nice if there were a system that would keep the pressure equal in the two tires.I have one that seems to lose 5#, and only 5#,and we can't seem to find any leak.
Of course,if you had a system like that and had a catastrophic failure in one,you'd lose the other one also. OOppss
__________________
Jerry J.
2008 Winnebago Vectra 40TD
2007 Honda CRV
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
njs42's Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Federal Way, Wa.
Posts: 2,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical36 View Post
Problem I once had with turn back extensions and the like is that they would get loose and leak, so the hose extensions have worked best for me.
I understand and I guess I will find out down the road a bit.

I sure have nothing against braids mine lasted ten years as did my tires, nothing visably wrong with either when I bought new; never had a problem with either, except slicing my hands on the holders.
__________________

__________________
I do all my own stunts
03 Dolphin LX 6355, Workhorse W22, 8.1 vortec, 04 CR-V, Blue Ox, Brake Pro----Norm, Barb and
Doc(He's a PhD)
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tires



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×