Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2015, 02:22 PM   #1

Recent purchase - woo hoo

After having done a Pop-Up. Then a 25 ft bumper pull TT. I just purchased a 2003 Tradewinds 374LE. It has only 21,500 miles. Fitted with the Cat 330 Hp engine. Bought it in AZ, from Always RV & Marine. Nice people. Seem fair and honest. I take delivery in 2 weeks, so that will be the tell all.

Looking for:
> Info on dealer. Good or bad.
> Known weaknesses for other owners. My research leads me to believe there are few.
> OWNERS MANUALS!! Please, I would really like these, in PDF, please.

Thanks in advance for any input.
mischievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2015, 03:24 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
What chassis does your TW have?
pledbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 04:00 PM   #3

The Tradewinds has a Spartan Chassis. Cat 7.2L 330 HP engine. And, an Allison MH3000, 6 speed tranny.

Here is a brochure / Spec sheet. ==> http://www.rvroundtable.com/wp-conte...ndsLESpecs.pdf

Next task is to name it. My 69 Mustang is named Mischievous, so that is taken
mischievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 04:28 PM   #4

Misbegotten??
halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfwright View Post
Misbegotten??
Old 09-21-2015, 08:15 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sounds like you have the twin sister to my Tradewinds. Unfortunately all my manuals are hard copy. I can try to start scanning them in but that is going to take some time.
Cannot speak for all Spartan owners of that year model but be mind full of the dust boots on the tie-rod ends and ball joints. It seems they have a tendency to disintegrate which can be costly. I just had to have mine changed and it was pricey. From what I have read and was told by my mechanic it seems to be a sore subject on a lot of the Spartan frames around that time, not just those used by National.
pledbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:11 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Great people to work with, we bought our 07 Pacifica 40b from them. They walk you through the coach and show you how to use everything. One suggestion is to take a good look at the windows if fogged up and if so let them know. Dw also took a charger and check every plug in the mh that they were working, might get lucky like we did and find all the manuals ����
Jesse93312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:24 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
You're going to love it. The dealer here in the Valley that use to sell Nationals is Motor Sportsland. Service Manager is Chad and a straight forward honest person. I take my Tradewinds to Freightliner out off of 21st South for oil changes, lube and filters. Usually about $185. Also take it there for emission and safety. Note that National must have built a pretty good product since you don't usually find them sitting on lots. Also, hardly ever do you hear negative comments. We've had ours since 2004 and as of yet have not found another MH we would trade it for. That's why we are going to remodel her inside and out. Our's has two huge closets and more cabinet storage then most we have looked at. If it's running Michelins, Les Swab in South Jordan or up on 7200 S are pretty good to get them from.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 03:51 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
I checked out your MH on the dealers line, it is really nice. Check the DOT dates on the tires before you head out with it.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:58 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
We have a 99 Tradewinds on a Freightliner Chassis. Here is a link to all the documentation that came with it plus some stuff I've picked up since buying it in 2007. The chassis doc's won't be of any use to you but most of the OEM stuff will probably be the same or close.
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=AE67FF...766057&group=0

Dick
Old 10-01-2015, 06:23 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
As said, check the tire dates, check and make sure the gennie starts and puts out ac, check that the jacks work and aren't leaking. They should be absolutely silent. Make sure it's had a service and the air filter changed and check for any oil underneath and get an oil test from Blackstone Labs to see what condition the engine is in. Also see if the radiator has been cleaned and also the age of the batteries. Find out when the A/Cs, furnace and fridge were last serviced. That's a rig that has been sitting a lot and a lot of those things may appear to look good, but when they start needing to be worked on your looking at big bucks. Don't ask me how I know,but I do. Also, regardless of what other folks say , check with Wholesale Warranties for an aftermarket coach policy. I didn't when I first got mine and it cost me and now that I have one, I'm at about $5k over the cost of it.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase