RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-22-2016, 11:12 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Replacement entry door for 1995 National Dolphin 535

Fire department mangled the entry door during the electrical fire written about below. I am trying to find if possible the manufacturer of such doors back in the day. Short of that, I have found a manufacturer on the west coast

Measuring height is a problem as I can't remove the door assembly to get an exact measurement. It get measurements from between 78 and 80 inches depending upon where I measure to the top of the base plate, midway or the end of the base.

Anyone by chance happen to have a height measurement for an entry door for a 1995 dolphin 535 off the top of their head...or know who built the doors?

PTL engineering did not build the doors despite information here in the National forum. I already talked with them.

Anyway, thanks for any help anyone can provide.

As for doors being built on the west coast. All-rite.com. Hollister, CA.

Zack n Mack

Zack n Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2016, 10:30 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Don't see any information below about an electrical fire. Is the door so mangled that an accurate measure of it's length can be made?

You could also contact some of these salvage yards with exact make, model, and year of your RV and see if a used one can be had.

RV Salvage/Surplus Yards (List) Updated 9/2/16 - RV Forums - myRVparks.com

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:53 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Take a look at HEHR INTERNATIONAL 9499 motorhome entry door
Richard S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 01:34 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
I was at Visone"s in Kentucky in May. 600+ coaches. Call them for a door. Tom 07 Pacifica
TOM356C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 07:33 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Zack

Hehr does make the door, and Visone's Salvage in Ky may just have them used. I have the 6350 Tropical 1997 If this helps, it is 80". I ordered a replacement through Visone, has not arrived yet. Terry @ visone will request dimensions. Suggest you take a good close pic showing the entire frame and door, then use Microsoft paint to draw in the dimensions from your computer, show the outside dims while on the coach. The frame profile should all be the same for our units. Check your inbox for more details.
Visone RV

Office: 606.843.9889/ Fax: 606.843.6272
243 FIelds LaneEast Bernstadt, KY 40729

Marv
cyclone429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:17 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Don't see any information below about an electrical fire. Is the door so mangled that an accurate measure of it's length can be made?

You could also contact some of these salvage yards with exact make, model, and year of your RV and see if a used one can be had.

RV Salvage/Surplus Yards (List) Updated 9/2/16 - RV Forums - myRVparks.com
I ended up ordering a custom made door from All-Rite.com in Hollister CA. Nice folks. They will ship it freight to my next stop in Fresno in a couple of days. Thanks to everyone here that wrote their insights and advice.

We ended up getting the electrical fire items fixed. A new slide control unit, the isolater delay relay had outside damage, but the component and wiring was okay. The inverter.charger (trace DR 15120 did not make it. I have a charger in place on a temp basis and can add an inverter later. Everything seems to be working fine. Looks like we escaped major damage. Things look to be under $5k.

I do have a Fantastic fan system that needs replacing after the fire department pried open the vents damaging the automatic system.

Zack n Mack

Zack n Mack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, dolphin, door, entry door, national, replace, replacement