Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:49 PM   #1

Smile Replacing Furniture

2000 National Sea View want to replace driver & passenger seat & sofa anybody bought from Shop4Seats.com or any other
Thanks

2000mr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2014, 06:18 AM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000mr View Post
2000 National Sea View want to replace driver & passenger seat & sofa anybody bought from Shop4Seats.com or any other
Thanks
This is possibly a recent marketing for the old RV Furniture,Commercial Truck,Van Seats,SUV Truck Seats,Van Tops

We dealt with them on the Leon captains chairs and sofa for our coach a few years ago. It was not a good experience.

After a few years of use, I can report that the upholstery is very durable and today the furniture still looks as new. I replaced the drawer slides in the sofa because the original slides simply fell apart and the drawer dropped onto the floor. The electrics in the co-pilots chair have mostly all failed, and can't be repaired without removing all the upholstery from the chair. All the switches in the co-pilots chair have been replaced with quality switches. The foot rest is still working but I have had to remove the chair to make repairs to the wiring and connections. I still have my original complaint that the armrests are mounted much too high in the driver's captains chair. As a result, I have not been able to use the armrests while driving. Also an original complaint has been the size and design of the co-pilot's captains chair. The seat pan is too deep, and the seat is too high above the floor.

Our original captains chairs and sofa were made by Villa International. In our case, we would have been much wiser to have the original furniture re-upholstered.

Jim

Canada, eh?
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:08 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I replaced my sofa with a used Lazyboy love seat. bought it on Craigs List.. I did not need to sofa bed.. You might check a local upholstery shop to redo your front seats..
Old 10-29-2014, 07:42 AM   #4

I have found these folks to be nice over the phone anyway! It's more of a RV Salvage then Auto salvage, none the less, they have very good product!

Visone Auto Mart
243 Fields Lane
East Bernstadt, Ky 40729
606-843-9889

Office Hours of Operation:
9-AM TIL-6-PM Monday thu Friday.
Open on Saturday 9-AM TIL 2-PM.
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Unionville, Tn.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:15 AM   #5

Coach seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000mr View Post
Thanks
I just recently replaced my drivers and passenger seat, ordered them from Coach Supply Direct, the leader in RV Furniture, Motorhome Furniture, Marine Furniture and RV Accessories at the lowest prices. Guaranteed! We also offer professional RV Remodeling and RV Renovations.. (I didn't write all that behind coach supply, it came up automatic, they shouldn't do that). They are flexsteel seats, the same as the original ones. I got fabric seats, those leather seats they make are half leather and half phony leather. The phony leather was peeling off the backing, looked terrible. I shopped around, and got estimates at a few upholstery shops around my area, they do very good work but the cost was more than buying new ones, and I can understand that, I stripped a old one to throw it away and my goodness, the work to make one!. Anyway, if you Winter in Yuma, Az, there is a place down in old town Yuma that gave me a price of about $682, a chair to reupholster them, and they come to your rv site and pull them out! They had a very big shop, with about a dozen people working for them. Unfortunately, they were the first place I went to and didn't realize that it was a good deal.
So I bought new ones after getting home. Got them installed myself when they arrived in about a hour and a half.