Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2010, 07:45 AM   #15

Rivrduk, Hello again,

I read your original post again (I need to read things 2 or 3 times to make sure I get them right) and it appears you have the same set up I have. You have the module that allows multiple control stations. Do any of your switches have a light in the center of the switch? I know for sure the switch in my bathroom has a light. If memory is correct the switch in the galley has an LED off to the side of the switch. The switch in the outside compartment I can't remember if it has a light or not. I think you may have a bathroom pump switch that has a light but it has burned out. Check the switch closely to see if the center area is clear or transparent. If so the switch should come apart and allow access to the lamp inside. The manufacture should have used an LED and they would not burn out, but that's another story.
Bill WA6YBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #16

National RV Owners Club
My light for the water pump quit working also and I replaced the switch and it still didn't work One day while I was in the dump bay I took the covers off at the top, 2 flat plates the small one on the right has the box behind it that works the lights inside for the water pump I unplugged it and cleaned it and plugged it back in a it has worked ever sence?
Noleakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:11 AM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The switches, pump toggle switch and LED 12v light for water pump are made by American Technology Componets, Inc. in Elkhart, IN. They can be contacted at 574-262-1258.
Ed
Old 01-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just called America Tech. Comp. in IN. this afternoon and talked to them about a broken single rocker sw. cover that broke in the kitchen and the burned out water pump on/off light in the bathroom on my 2004 Dolphin model 5355. They are sending me the base and cover for the rocker sw. and two (yes two, not one) of the new designed water pump light ( now an LED instead of a bulb type), for Free ! Wow free ! They said "we want to keep you as a customer". Plus they are paying for shipping!

If you need any of their products I would call them. They are (were) the supplier to National RV.
2004 NRV Dolphin 5355, 24' Pace Shadow trailer, inside is a "2011 Hemmings Muscle Machine of the Year" and 2011 Reno, NV. Hot August Nights "Best Restored Stock Car", 1970 Olds F85 W-31, Rally Red, 4 speed, 1 of 5 in this color, only 207 built
davebw31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #19

Rocker switches

Hi -Dave would you have the telephone number for American Tech - there are so many listed on the internet - we are not sure which one to call. Thanks very much for your info.
Keith
Old 01-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
rkscott:

Their number is: (574) 262-1258. Do not know if they are Central or Eastern Time Zone?

When I called I got a lady who ended up not knowing what I wanted as I had no part numbers I guess. She transferred me to the "Tech Dept." and that is who I talked to and the one who said they would send me the parts no charge and will ship no charge also. Sooooooooooooo you may just want to ask for the "Tech. Dept."

Maybe they are the ones who can send the parts no charge.

BTW: I did offer to pay for the items early on, that is when he said " no we will send to you no charge, we want to keep you as a customer". Hope this helps!
2004 NRV Dolphin 5355, 24' Pace Shadow trailer, inside is a "2011 Hemmings Muscle Machine of the Year" and 2011 Reno, NV. Hot August Nights "Best Restored Stock Car", 1970 Olds F85 W-31, Rally Red, 4 speed, 1 of 5 in this color, only 207 built
davebw31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #21

Rocker switches

Thank you, Dave - will call them on Monday.
Keith
Old 01-15-2011, 05:56 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
You don't have to light the rocker switch just put a tiny diode of you color choice above or below it and wire it into the switch. I did this at my stick home to tell me if the attic light was left on.
Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You might visit an electronics supply.. The kind of place where Joe's TV repair might shop.. They have some LED indicator lights.. Assorted colors. they come in a quarter inch tube with two wires,, They also have a slip on "Speed nut"

You drill a hole next to the switch, or above it.. Insert one of these, slip the nut on the back and attach it across the switch leads.

now with the switch is on (if you have it hooked up right) the light is off.. Switch off and the light comes on.. If it does not come on.. Reverse leads and try again.

Cost about a buck a pop.