Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2015, 01:49 PM   #1

Screen removal to wash windows

On my 2005 National class A, to wash 100% of the window requires removal of the sliding screen. It is not obvious to me how to remove the screens in order to do a 100% window wash. Suggestions?
zarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2015, 02:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarco View Post
On my 2005 National class A, to wash 100% of the window requires removal of the sliding screen. It is not obvious to me how to remove the screens in order to do a 100% window wash. Suggestions?
zarco
On my coach, (not a National), I slide the screen slightly open...lift the window screen... and the bottom of the screen comes out of the bottom track.
Yours may be different, if so ...Google "removing rv window screens".
Mel
'96 Safari, (sliding dual pane windows)
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:53 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Like Mel stated, open slightly, push-up, then pull the bottom inward. There are two plastic "Springs" that keep the screen in place, make sure you don't lose them as they keep the screen in place. Installation is just the reverse, insert at the top, push-up, insert bottom into channel and release. BTW be sure you have the correct channel, one is for the screen, the other for the window glass.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:24 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred and Bonnie View Post
Like Mel stated, open slightly, push-up, then pull the bottom inward. There are two plastic "Springs" that keep the screen in place, make sure you don't lose them as they keep the screen in place. Installation is just the reverse, insert at the top, push-up, insert bottom into channel and release. BTW be sure you have the correct channel, one is for the screen, the other for the window glass.

Fred
X2 on the above. Once you've done it once, you'll get the knack. On my 2004 Dolphin, the springs are metal and are attached but same idea. I remove them as needed, spray with greased lightening, let them sit for a few minutes and then use the kitchen faucet sprayer to hose them off. Gets the screens nice and clean.
caheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:06 AM   #5

Thanks for the suggestions.
zarco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal, window, scr