RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-17-2017, 06:44 AM   #1

Seabreeze LX roof

I have a 2007 Seabreeze LX 8367 and the fiberglass roof has a bubble that runs almost the length of the motorhome on both sides. A dealer told me it was caused from water getting under the fiberglass. But, after reading some past post on this forum, I've learned it was probally left loose at the factory to compensate expansion of the roof due to changing temperature. Most of you have owned Nationals longer than I have, What are your thoughts, please.

david2845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2017, 07:30 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
On both sides front to back under the fiberglass you have contoured block foam. The fiberglass was not bonded to the block foam when the roof and sides were installed.
Your condition is normal.

Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:05 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
I believe you have a "tpo" roof ..not fiberglass. My tradewids had the same thing it almost felt like it would give a bit under your feet along the edges all the way along the length of the coach...not to worry I. Believe it's. Normal! I would only worry if deep cracks turn up o n the surface..mine hade very small surface type cracks that were never an issue along the radius edges. Hope this helps!
Old 03-20-2017, 12:45 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
David, you have a fiberglass roof and no, the condition you talk about is not normal. My roof started doing the same thing several years ago. I bought my MH new and the fiberglass was securely attached to the underlying sub-roof. The condition you are experiencing is delamination. The fiberglass has pulled away from the sub-roof material. Many of the National products on the road now are experiencing this condition. My guess is the bonding agent National used was inferior. Unfortunately, National went out of business just before this started happening to the many coaches produced. The fiberglass on my roof has also pulled loose in many other sections, not just along the edge. All I'm doing right now is keeping a close eye on it to make sure there is no tearing of the fiberglass. The correct way to fix this is to have the entire roof replaced. I can't even guess how much that would cost.
kennersonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:34 AM   #5

Seabreeze Roof

Thanks for the comments. I had the MH in for chassis service when this was pointed out to me by the dealer. They suggested to do a complete reseal job at the cost of about $1500,00. There are a couple of places where the fiberglass is chipped, but not holes, and the sealant is cracking at two of the roof vents. Still undecided if I want to do the complete reseal or just fix problem spots. Any other suggestions are welcome.
david2845 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof, seabreeze