Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2008, 08:14 AM   #1

looking to get some extra sear pins for my slide outs,my motors are black with no name on them, dont kmow if there POWERGEAR or RBW and where the shere pins are located, I can see the one under the bed but cant find the pin on the livingroom slide.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2008, 08:42 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sounds like you have RBW under the bed. NRV used RBW for some of the smaller slide and Powergear for the larger slides. With thst said my 2001 SurfSide had powergear on both slide and my 07 SeaBreeze is the same.
http://www.rbwstore.com/Slide-Outs_c_4.html
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:43 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Jayson, I have the RBW slide out system on my 2005 Dolphin 6342 rear bedroom slide out. Here is the link to the parts for National RV's at RBW...
http://www.rbwstore.com/National_c_28-1-0.html

I posted about this subject back in October with regard to the RBW system redesign. In addition to the shear pins the drive gear is a known problem. The RBW guys were very helpful.
Don
donhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:45 PM   #4

Both slide outs should be Powergear,the same as my 2007 Dolphin 5342.I replaced the original pin once and another time with a pin I bought at the local hardware 1/4 inch. I called Powergear and they sent me several pins[coiled stainless pins].Replaced with that one and no problems since.I have had no problems with the livingroom,only bedroom slide.The living room pins are located outside in the compartment under slide. Hope this helps, Ken
Old 01-01-2009, 03:42 AM   #5

Just hit the RBW site...and wonder if there is any advantage to using them for the PowerGear parts...rather than get the parts thru PowerGear itself...their site!???
jerseyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:40 AM   #6

I found numbers on the motor and frame that I emailed to RBW and they sent me a PDF file of the manual for the mechanism. Have had no shear pin break yet.
Looking at the small bronze gear with obvious wear and metal filings below, that looks like a sure failure to happen. Has anyone replaced the gears or drive mechanism on their BR slide? Just wondering what to order to be prepared, and how hard a job it will be.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:27 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
two2go,

While at the National RV factory, 2 years ago, I asked them to check the Bedroom slide gears. A number of friends with the same slide-out gears had the gear teeth brake. Not only did they inspect the gears, but they replaced the entire gear set with a new designed gear set.
RBW Industries (now AL-KO Kober Corp.) in Chino, CA is the Manufacture. Their web site is www.rbwstore.com/National_c_28-1-0.html

Ed
Old 01-02-2009, 09:58 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
two2go,
I am in the middle of a RBW slide out system upgrade/replacement. If you click on my user name on this post you will see the posting I did on this subject back in October.
Don
donhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:24 AM   #9

What to people use in a pinch if a shear pin goes and they have no spares?
I keep reading off an on about someone breaking a pin but not what people do until they can get replacements.
RV 4 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #10

I replaced a broken shear pin with one from the local hardware store. They are not a unique item, you just have to know what you need. I have several spares taped to the inside bottom of my slide. Next time I'll be ready.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 07:23 PM   #11

Bill, thanks for the alternate source for the shear pins. Now, does anyone have some suggestions for a source showing where they are located?
Thanks
Old 01-04-2009, 07:09 AM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Shear pins are installed on the drive gear and motor shaft.
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:18 PM   #13

Ok, stupid question number 2, I hhave been in, under and my motorhome but have not seen where the motors and drive systems are under my living room and bedroom slides. I would love some helpful hints on where to look this weekend.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:18 AM   #14

Mike,
The Bedroom slides motor should be under the bed. Lift up the access panel under the bed an you should see it. The living room motor you should be able to access from the storage Bay. This is where mine our on an 06 Seabreeze but I can't imagine they differ that much.

Thanks,
John
JohnM. is offline   Reply With Quote