Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2017, 05:25 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
The Tradewinds was the flagship diesel in the late 90s through early 2000s. It then followed the islander in 2001 ish which was a collaboration Between country coach and national a few years after national bought out country coach...it sat on a country coach dynomax chassis they were made until a out 2003. Then the tropical went from gas to a diesel along with the marlin and were the more entry level diesel coaches. The Pacifica replaced the Tradewinds later around 2007 as the top diesel in the line up until national filed chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2009...including the shuttering of the country coach brand shortly after.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2017, 06:44 AM   #16

National RV Owners Club
I also have a 1998 Sea Breeze 1330 Limited. To us, it's top dog 😎

Sent from my SM-G930V using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Old 07-31-2017, 01:21 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredV View Post
It does not matter which National model you have. The point is you have one of the best RVs in its price range at the time it was produced. We have a 2000 Tropical with over a 100,000 miles and would not trade it for anything. We have been to alot of RV shows and have seen nothing we would be even tempted to buy. If we had to replace ours, we would buy another National.
We feel the same way about our Sea Breeze.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:31 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We love our Dolphin, have no plans on changing to anything else. We have also been to many RV shows, haven't anything we liked more then our Dolphin.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:07 AM   #19

National RV Owners Club
All the positive comments on this forum are what led us to look at a Dolphin back in 2005. I typed, best gas motorhome, in the search box and the result was comment after comment about how everyone loved their Dolphins. We rented motor homes for years for our vacations and thought we liked the Bounders until we walked inside a Dolphin. What a difference! Long story, short, we bought a almost new 2004 Dolphin 5342. Since then we have attended many RV shows and have seen hundreds of other motor homes , some costing $1M and we wouldn't trade our Dolphin for any of them.
We did drive a Georgie Boy on the UFO chassis and that was great, flat floor between the driver and passenger seats, engine noise in the rear and a tight turning radius. But the UFO didn't work out I guess.
Belgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:21 AM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by two slides View Post
I have a 2000 seaview 8341 model, so maybe i'll add some additional info.

Tropical was the top followed by Dolphin then Seaview--there wasn't a Seabreeze model then. somewhere around 2001-2002 Tropical was made a diesel model & Dolphin became top gas model. the Seaview model was rebranded to be called Seabreeze LX models & the plain Seabreeze without LX became entry model. so in 2002 yours & mine would have been called Seabreeze LX models according to NRV literature I have.

NRV did come out with an even cheaper model called Surfside around 2005 I think. anyway I was able to see the Dolphin/Seaview side by side before I purchased it new---main difference Dolphin had solid wood cabinets, fancier lighting & leather upholstery.

all NRV models were very well made--mine to this day has no squeaks/rattles and nothing falling apart. just those lousy storage bay doors cracking made by Delcraft plastics in Helmet, Ca.
The Sea Breeze model was first introduced in 1996. I have seen the sales brochure online in the National Yahoo group while looking for documentation for our 1998 Sea Breeze.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:26 PM   #21

We have the same model and year. We love it. I have looked at others but I love my kitchen.

I agree about those horrible bay doors cracking. That is the only mistakes National did when making them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by two slides View Post
I have a 2000 seaview 8341 model, so maybe i'll add some additional info.

Tropical was the top followed by Dolphin then Seaview--there wasn't a Seabreeze model then. somewhere around 2001-2002 Tropical was made a diesel model & Dolphin became top gas model. the Seaview model was rebranded to be called Seabreeze LX models & the plain Seabreeze without LX became entry model. so in 2002 yours & mine would have been called Seabreeze LX models according to NRV literature I have.

NRV did come out with an even cheaper model called Surfside around 2005 I think. anyway I was able to see the Dolphin/Seaview side by side before I purchased it new---main difference Dolphin had solid wood cabinets, fancier lighting & leather upholstery.

all NRV models were very well made--mine to this day has no squeaks/rattles and nothing falling apart. just those lousy storage bay doors cracking made by Delcraft plastics in Helmet, Ca.

2000 Sea View 34' Ford V10
rvgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:49 PM   #22

Just a point, Tropical was made flagship diesel in 2002 or so, but Dolphin had been available as a diesel since around 1994. We love our ‘95 diesel Dolphin!
Old 06-07-2018, 05:16 AM   #23

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmshooter View Post
Just a point, Tropical was made flagship diesel in 2002 or so, but Dolphin had been available as a diesel since around 1994. We love our ‘95 diesel Dolphin!
Another point, the Seabreeze came out in 1996. I own a 1998 Sea Breeze 1339 LX and love it no matter where it was in the pecking order.

Tags
dolphin, seabreeze