Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to jerryginny
I have a 2002 Tradewinds LTC and the front slide is about 1/2 inch off left to right, it closes fine but is rubbing at the top on the front side. How do I adjust? looks like I need to remove the couch and loosen 2 bolts at the front and back floor and push slide left to right ?? any help
jerryginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #2

I have a 2002 Tradewinds LTC and the front slide is about 1/2 inch off left to right, it closes fine but is rubbing at the top on the front side. How do I adjust? looks like I need to remove the couch and loosen 2 bolts at the front and back floor and push slide left to right ?? any help
Old 04-11-2008, 05:01 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The best I can do is to give you this link http://www.powergearus.com/ They have manuals and tip sheets that cover slide room adjustments. So far I have not had any problems with my two National RV's with Power Gear slide rooms. Hope this helps, Good Luck
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:49 AM   #4

Tnx Richard, the rig actually is a 2001, it seems that I need to get to 2 bolts under the couch, but I can't figure how to remove the couch or at least get to the front bolts on the slide arm, tnx again
Old 04-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #5

Jerry,

You do need to access the bolts behind the couch, I had the same problem with our prior coach and was able to loosen the bolts without removing the couch. That was several years ago and I don't recall exactly how I reached them, but believe I just opened the sofa bed to reach the front bolts.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:43 PM   #6

Tnx, Ken the back two ( under The table ) are visible, but the front are not, do you recall if the front bolts were visible ? tnx agn
Old 04-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #7

I don't recall on our prior 01 model if they were visible. On our current coach, they are not. The carpet and pad covers them but is not stapled to the floor in that area. It's just a matter of lifting the carpet to access the bolts.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:03 PM   #8

Tnx, it looks like they are behind the back covering of the couch, I cut a opening and I think I found them, still a apin getting to them with out some how removing the the pull out bed mechanism. tnx agin
Old 04-13-2008, 12:23 PM   #9

Jerry,

I just pulled the sofa out of my '01. Had to remove the pull out portion first, just two screws holding it it. Then there were three foam blocks screwed to the wall with drywall screws holding everything in. Hope no one ever need the seat belts to hold anyone in!

Be careful not to rip the fabric.

I was very careful with mine, removing it forever. Hoping to give it to goodwill. Then had to cut up to get it out of the rig. Replacing it and dinette booth with Table/Desk and regular table chairs.

Harold

'01 Nat'l RV, Tropical 33' Ford V10
H. Dossett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:27 PM   #10

Thanks for the heads up, I think I have found a way around removing the couch, but your info is a great help,tnx agin