Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2019, 11:19 AM   #1

Slide out levels

Hi Im an owner of a 2006 5342 for the last 11 years. Problem I ran into was when I was replacing the slideout wiper seals I noticed that the bedroom slideout was tilted towards the coach when the coach was level. I checked the living room slideout and it was slightly tilted away from the coach. What this causes is rain water moves towards the coach on the bedroom slide when it rains. I can find no adjustment on the slide to alleviate this. When I adjust the coach to get a slight tilt towards the outside the coach is not level and it affects the LR slide level. We have had some leakage issues with the bedroom slide and thats the reason I was replacing the seals. Any input would be appreciated.
Sundance001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2019, 11:33 AM   #2

Sundance I have had a serious problem with my 05 5342 slide. The rubber roof on the slide leaked at the edge due to very poor workmanship. Be sure to reseal that with Dicor self leveling caulk. I have major problems with water damage in the floor of the slide. Best of luck to you.
05 Dolphin #5342
Chuck Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:19 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
I also had a 05 5342, and like Chuck Q mentioned, I found the factory did a poor job of folding the bedroom slide rubber roofing material on both top corners facing the inside of the room. Water leaked inside, unknowingly at times. With the slide in, standing on the bed with a mirror and a bright light I saw the open gaps in the rubber roof material corner folds and applied Dicor with my fingers to seal the open areas.
However, I never noticed the slide not positioning correctly when it was out, it seemed like it moved out till the inside frame pushed against the wall top to bottom. I had the same problem with my current 08 3555, water leaked down into the slides floor rotting the wood floor panel above the fiberglass sheet. This caused the slide to be low on one side, in my case, as the floor was depressed and soft where it rested on the roller. Good luck finding the problem.
GREGORYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out