Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2014, 06:40 PM   #1
SLK

Source for National plastic & fiberglass parts

Here is the link to the guy that bought all of National RV's special tooling and molds. He can make plastic and fiberglass parts for all models 2008 and older. ortegamanufacturing.com/
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Yes, however they do not stock the parts, all "Custom" orders. Lead time and expense can be long and expensive.

Ortega Manufacturing | Custom Fiberglass Manufacturing

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 11:45 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There are a couple of salvage yards in the east that seem to have parts and I have used them both and both times I got taken. Once was because of price and the other time the part was worse than the one I had. I was looking for a compartment door several months ago and the guy in Kentucky or tennesee wanted $1000.00 plus shipping to the west coast for a salvage one and Ortega wanted $600 for a brand new one. One of the local rv shops quoted me $300 plus $30 for the latch to repair it and repaint it. Man,he did an awesome job and even touched up some damage on the door right behind the repair for nothing,
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:49 PM   #4

I talked to this company a week or so ago looking for the plastic dash part that covers the back up camera, I spoke to the owner and he said he only has molds for the exterior.

When he won the auction for the molds he lost the bid for the interior molds. The guy that won the auction wouldnt sell him anything even though he didnt want them, he was told by the auction house that the guy dumped all the molds in the trash!!

What an idiot!! So it appears that all the interior dash and such are lost forever!

Shame
RUNDLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:17 PM   #5

I had to buy a lower rear cap and a compartment door. As mentioned before, Ortega makes their parts out of fiberglass. It's a different look than the molded plastic that's original It's decent at best and expensive but it is what it is when you own an orphan.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:34 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
I was discussing the lack of molds with a repair shop, they said save as many pieces of the damaged area as possible, that a good shop could make a repair.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national, parts