Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Source for Tradewinds headlamps?

I have 2 headlamps on my 01 Tradewinds that have broken lens' but they still light. I took both out today after some difficulty getting the rusted screws out and found these lamps are not sealed beams but have a bulb inside the reflector lens assembly. The identification marks on the outside are:AUTOPAL SAE HR93 on the glass lens and AUTOPAL A1L-D4-2000 on the back of the reflector housing. It also says Made in India. The interior removable lamp says OSRAM HB2 001 9003 L Germany BILUX 12V 60/55W H4 U 37R E1 00801 WOM5. One of the reflector housings which has a rubber "boot" that covers over the opening in the back where the inner lamp is inserted and secured was melted. I'm looking for a source for replacement.

Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2009, 10:40 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
If it helps, the head light rings on mine were from a Mazda pickup dual light system. Could be the headlights were also from a Mazda pick up. Have you tried Napa or AutoZone? Also in Quartzsite there is a parts place called The Gambler who might be able to help, I've heard he carries National hard to find parts. If you ever need to replace the Fog Lights these will work Grote p/n 64581-5 for the complete unit and the lens is p/n 93121. On the originals the lens was glued on and they eventually fall off. Once you find the light replacement, let me know.

sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasdan View Post
I have 2 headlamps on my 01 Tradewinds that have broken lens' but they still light. I took both out today after some difficulty getting the rusted screws out and found these lamps are not sealed beams but have a bulb inside the reflector lens assembly. The identification marks on the outside are:AUTOPAL SAE HR93 on the glass lens and AUTOPAL A1L-D4-2000 on the back of the reflector housing. It also says Made in India. The interior removable lamp says OSRAM HB2 001 9003 L Germany BILUX 12V 60/55W H4 U 37R E1 00801 WOM5. One of the reflector housings which has a rubber "boot" that covers over the opening in the back where the inner lamp is inserted and secured was melted. I'm looking for a source for replacement.

I'll take a look at the Gambler on Thursday the 24th. He has piles of that stuff.

Bob, wa7hra
Old 12-22-2009, 06:29 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I ordered 2 Hella lamps complete with bulbs (H4s) today from www.rvheadlights.com. I got the 7"X6" ones for about $60 ea shipped. I found the trim rings at an Auto Quest. Rvheadlights can upgrade this same light housing with HID lamps also for quite a bit more.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:31 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtjoe View Post
If it helps, the head light rings on mine were from a Mazda pickup dual light system. Could be the headlights were also from a Mazda pick up. Have you tried Napa or AutoZone? Also in Quartzsite there is a parts place called The Gambler who might be able to help, I've heard he carries National hard to find parts. If you ever need to replace the Fog Lights these will work Grote p/n 64581-5 for the complete unit and the lens is p/n 93121. On the originals the lens was glued on and they eventually fall off. Once you find the light replacement, let me know.
Thanks for the info on the fogs as mine were replaced with a wierd fog lamp that looks out of place. I did find my originals in one of the bays but both lenses were cracked. Would the lens from the Grote replace these?
Old 12-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #6

Vegasdan, sorry to report, but when I stopped at the Gambler today (12/24) there was a sign on the door, "Closed 24th, 25th, and 26th). I will try again next week to find some head lights for you.

The Gambler is an insteresting store. I love it. He buys up production overuns, close out items, etc. It's a typical surplus store only devoted to RV's. The "stuff" is just in piles and you have to dig through it to find what you are looking for. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't.

Bob, wa7hra
Old 12-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa7hra View Post
Vegasdan, sorry to report, but when I stopped at the Gambler today (12/24) there was a sign on the door, "Closed 24th, 25th, and 26th). I will try again next week to find some head lights for you.

The Gambler is an insteresting store. I love it. He buys up production overuns, close out items, etc. It's a typical surplus store only devoted to RV's. The "stuff" is just in piles and you have to dig through it to find what you are looking for. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't.

Bob, wa7hra
Bob, I ordered 2 headlights a couple days ago, Hellas. But if you find those fogs, let me know. thanks and Merry Christmas, Dan
Old 12-29-2009, 12:19 PM   #8

Dan, I stopped by the Gambler today (12/29) to look for your fog lights. No luck. However, he had about a dozen of the SAE HR 93 headlight assemblies. Lens, reflector, mounting brackets, but no bulb. There was a shipping plug in the bulb hole. Lots of dust, but they looked new. No rust. Price $10 each.

Bob...........
Old 12-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa7hra View Post
Dan, I stopped by the Gambler today (12/29) to look for your fog lights. No luck. However, he had about a dozen of the SAE HR 93 headlight assemblies. Lens, reflector, mounting brackets, but no bulb. There was a shipping plug in the bulb hole. Lots of dust, but they looked new. No rust. Price $10 each.

Bob...........
Bob, thanks for looking for the fog lights. Just got my 2 Hella headlamps today. Mount em up tomorrow and I'll be back in business.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasdan View Post
Thanks for the info on the fogs as mine were replaced with a wierd fog lamp that looks out of place. I did find my originals in one of the bays but both lenses were cracked. Would the lens from the Grote replace these?
I don't know, never tried. On the Grote replacements I used I did have to grind down the heads of the bolts to get the assembly to fit in the recessed area.

sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote