Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Storage question??

Owning a 2003 Dolphin LX 6355, I'm trying to find the best way and location for storing my four fishing poles? I don't use them as often as I would like, but I need to have them with me. Thought maybe some of my friends here could share some pics or ideas about storing them so they don't get in the way nor broken. Thanks for the ideas in advance.
lilgreek7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #2

I'm thinking PCV pipe , with caps, but the length of the rods and available space will determine your solution.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Large enough PVC pipe to hold rods, glue an end cap on the bottom end (drill a small hole in the cap to let the tube breathe, glue a female thread adapter on the other end and screw a plug into it after you put the rods in. Strap this to your rear ladder on one side so you can still use the ladder.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
I solved that same problem by buying two of these Amazon.com: Shakespeare Medium Action Travel Mate Telescopic Kit Combo (6-Feet 6-Inch): Sports & Outdoors I caught a 3lb 8ox trout on the first usage and it did just fine. I did have to change the line because the original line was crap and created a birdsnest almost every cast.

Dick
Old 03-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #5

Have a sewer slinky storage tube? Another near it or any other suitable space?
Boom!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
I have not seen this solution in person yet but read recently that cup hooks held someones fishing poles in place. It mentioned that they don't get tangled that way also. I know my husband has his in the garage on the ceiling. He welded few hooks on a few strips of metal and hangs all the poles in the hooks. Works at home, suppose it would work in the basement if you have the room.
RobinfromCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
I used Velcro that had adhesive on the back and stuck it to the top of a basement compartment from back to front. Do this about every foot or whatever makes you comfortable in the ability to hold the pole. Place the pole against it and then added a second Velcro strip. Holds the pole(s) fine.

Tags
storage