Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2019, 06:21 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sun visor replacement

The sun visors in my Dolphin are the type where there is a piece of tinted perspex attached to an articulated arm that can be adjusted in a lot of ways. That aspect is great. However with all those adjustment spots there is some sort of tension adjustment, a screw that is tightened or loosened. If I have it loose enough to adjust while driving the whole assembly will vibrate and rattle. If I tighten it so it does not vibrate and rattle too much I can't simply adjust it! What a dilemma.

Has anyone replaced those sun visors with something else that you would recommend? The space (width) to attach something else is around 24".

Thanks.
keef033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2019, 06:47 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tore them off and threw them away!
Installed a set of motorized roller shades!
Could not reach the old ones from drivers seat any how!
Old 11-13-2019, 11:29 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
I did exactly what Damien did!
I also added a sound bar..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0770.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	266768   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0757.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	266769  

MikeandRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:41 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRuth View Post
I did exactly what Damien did!
I also added a sound bar..
Nice. Thanks. I have added the sounds bar. Working on the sun visor now. Do you recall the width of those blinds you used? Who was the manufacturer?
Old 11-13-2019, 02:11 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
I like those shades/visors--have you got a website so I can get some?
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:26 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Sorry for the slow response! I didn't get in here yesterday..
The blinds are just under 40 inches long, including the mounting flanges. I have them adjusted to drop 23 inches and there is more fabric on them. They are made by Automotion. I bought them used out of the classifieds on here. They started life in a 2006 Dutch Star. I had them installed a few months and one of the motors failed. I contacted Automotion and a very disinterested voice on the other end informed me that I had an obsolete model, no replacement parts were available, and no parts from their current production models would fit my blind. He informed me that I would have to purchase replacements!
I had installed Rollertrol blinds in a couple of coaches so I was familiar with their products and knew the motors were the same diameter as these blind tubes. I then found the thread in here where somebody did a very nice step by step instruction documenting how to do the conversion! My point here is that if you come across some used units don't worry about the condition of the motors. As long as the fabric and mechanism is in good condition you should be fine. I attached a picture of the rocker switches I installed in the dash to control them. If I can be of further assistance, just ask!
And... I removed all of it from our coach earlier this week so I can install MCD windshield blinds. I sold everything to the owner of a 2003 Islander which comes here every Winter. I start the installation in his coach today...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Visor Switches.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	266927  
MikeandRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 06:04 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you look a little you can get the motors and all the parts on Ebay or Amazon.
I took the easy way out! Local curtain manufacture which happens to be owned by my sister and husband!
Old 12-06-2019, 06:30 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Don't judge ok! [emoji16]

I want the visor to block the sun on the odd occasions when I am driving into it. I wanted to get rid of the one the rattles and shakes if too loose, and can move it if it is tight enough not to rattle and shake. Didn't want to spend too much either.

So, out to Lowes. Found a roller blind, had it cut to size and installed it with a bit extra tension. So far, so good. (Wife still likes the tinted perspex)Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191116_095758.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	268744

Tags
ace, replace, replacement