RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:01 AM   #1

Anyone have one and how do they like it? The bunk layout looks really kool. Local dealer said that they almost went bankrupt awhile ago, any worries???

peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2007, 08:01 AM   #2

Anyone have one and how do they like it? The bunk layout looks really kool. Local dealer said that they almost went bankrupt awhile ago, any worries???

Old 07-13-2007, 11:41 AM   #3

I hear the Surf Sides are selling well but have not seen any on the road. I think that bunk model is new for 2007. It looks like a neat layout. When we looked at the Surf Side and compared it to the Dolphin at the factory, the overall build quality looks the same in both coaches. Just the materials changed. There are many that love their national coaches and most I see on forums would buy one again.
As for the financial stuff, search this National forum and see that National is making many changes for the better. All indications I have seen and read point to National being in better financial shape than they have been in a long time. They are making many positive product and managerial changes. We recently took a tour of the factory and there are no indications that National is in any trouble.
RV 4 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:17 AM   #4

We looked at the Surf Sides and were favorably impressed. Good way for someone to get into a Class A for relatively cheap. We're on our second National RV, been on the factory tour twice. They build a quality product.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:02 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
National builds all their coahes the same way whether it's a top of line Pacificia DP or a Surf Side, the side walls and roof are constructed alike. In my opinion this is a real BIG plus for National and their customers.

Yes the company has experienced some financial difficulties, but so have a lot of the manufacturers in the RV industry. One thing to
keep in mind is that most of componnets in any coach are covered by their own manufacturers warranties and normally for a longer time period.

This is our third Dolphin and in our opinion very few coaches can compete with Nationals products.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:16 PM   #6

I have a 2006 SurfSide model 29A on a Ford chassis. The fit and finish is excellent and the entire unit feels solid. I feel you get alot of bang for your buck. For a 30ft motorhome it has very large fresh water and holding tanks. A wide entrance door too. I also like the roomy toilet room.
The V10 pulls it down the road with ease. With and without the toad.
Would I buy another National product?
You bet!

Chip
06 SurfSide
04 Chevy Astro van toad
cmprcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:26 PM   #7

We're at the Redmond Rally, lots of motorhomes, including National Surfsides. They are putting a lot of effort in the Surfside, trying to get people into a Class A at a relatively low price. I think it deserves a second look. If you want me to look into it, let me know. We will be here 3 or 4 more days for the rally.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:25 AM   #8

The one thing I liked about this model was the unique bunk set up. Almost a seperate room.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:49 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Have had ours now for just over a year. Great quality in an "entry-level" coach. Natioanl's financial problems should turn around and it appears that these issues have had little effect on the coaches they build. Only issue we have had is with the Intellitec climate control and a slide that needed adjusting which were fixed under warranty.
ctaurie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:28 AM   #10

The rumour is that for 2008, National will release the Rip Tide. This will be the entry level A Class Gas. http://www.RipTideRV.com
JoeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:13 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
I just wish National RV would put more effort into their web site. The '07 product line had numereous errors and now the '08 models are showing up in internet adds and the company site makes no mention of the new model year. I complained to the marketing dept back in Nov '06 and it looks like they just don't get the message that the internet is a valuable marketing tool.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:57 PM   #12

I'll run this past them at the Pendelton rally.