RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:59 PM   #1

Surfside 32 Fresh Water Tank Drain

Trying to help out a friend with a new to her RV: 2007 National Surfside 32C.
We want to sanitize the fresh water tank, but I can't find the fresh water tank drain. My thoughts are to fill and drain a couple times, then treat it with a small amount of bleach and repeat.
No manuals, just can't find the fresh water drain valve.
Thanks for any help.

stik

stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2014, 03:52 PM   #2

I'm a noob, but the valve isn't near or under where you fill the fresh water tank? Weird.

If all fails you could just let a faucet run to flush the tank and the pipes and water heater.

Here's a link that gives the steps my family always used to sanitize the system.
Sanidumps: Why Should you Sanitize Your RV Water System

Again, a noob, but something is better than nothing. Good luck!

unhipdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:57 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My 2006 Surf Side has the drain directly from the tank, which is in the first compartment back of the generator on the driver's side.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
on my 2001 Surf Side the outdoor shower is the fresh water tank drain.
info from my manual...
System Draining Procedure: • Level the motorhome, side-to-side and front-to-rear. • Turn off the water pump and the water heater. • Open all fixture valves. Note: The system will drain through the outside showerhose. • Open the watertank drain valve. • Remove the drain plug in the water heater. • Operate the water pump for approxi mately 30 seconds to remove water between the tank and pump, then shut off. • Remove the Water Filter under the galley and drain. • Any water remaining in the system may be removed by attaching a blowout plug adapter to the fill connection and then blowing compressed air through the water lines.

Tags
fresh water, tank, water