Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2018, 05:26 PM   #1

Tiffin after National Tropi-Cal quality?

Hi all!

My 2004 Tropi-Cal DP is my first experience with a motorhome. What I’ve learned after two years (around 100 nights spent in coach) and 10,000 miles is that my next coach will be a diesel pusher for sure.

I’m considering looking for something newer and probably 32-34 feet. I know that limits my choices in that there aren’t that many diesel pushers in that length. A friend just purchased a 2017 Fleetwood and I am not impressed with the interior quality of the woodwork compared to mine. The fact that my Tropi-Cal had a MSRP of around $180,000 in 2004 tells me it was one of the better quality rigs that year.

I’m thinking I will spend around $125,000 and have seen a couple of Tiffins (2015-2016) that fit the bill. Does anyone know how they measure up in quality. Or is there another brand I should be considering?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2018, 09:33 PM   #2

I'm buying a Tiffin class c 25fw. I called Tiffin to ask some questions, I spoke to a man named Trent. This being my first RV and not knowing much about batteries, I asked if the battery would last a night with an electric blanket plugged in. The man looked up electric blankets and called me back with the answer. I found out later that man was Trent Tiffin. Last week I drove to Winfield Alabama to look at the model I'm ordering. I am making a few changes to suite me. One is a TV that pops up from a built in box. Last years model the TV was on the wall, the 2019's there is a window on that wall. I asked to have the window taken out and mount the TV on the wall also put shelves in the box with doors. No problem! He was so nice and yes, the quality is the best I've seen. I have only heard good things about their customer service and standing behind their product.
goeringGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:43 PM   #3

In that size you’ll be looking at the Tiffin RED and Newmar Ventana. There are others, but you’ll find Fleetwood, Winnie etc to be not meeting your expectations. FWIW I’d give Tiffin the best woodworking and interior. Dual pane windows and hung up walls kept us with N.

Tags
national, quality, tiffin