Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2014, 01:32 PM   #1
SLK

Took the Plunge

We've been looking at 40' Pacifica's, but the wife didn't want that big a coach. Today we are in the final stages of buying a 2008 National Pacifica 36A with the 360hp Cummins. If all goes well, we should have it by the end of next week.
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Let the good times roll. Have fun.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:11 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Congratulations on the new coach! I would like to find the bath + half model and upgrade someday.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:00 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Pictures first, congratulations second. We love our National gasser, the workmanship is amazing. Come on now, let's see the pictures!

Bruce
Firebug5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:27 AM   #5
SLK

It will probably be a week or so before I can post pix. I found a couple sites on line that show pix for a 2007 and 2008. Here is a link to the one that is the most like ours. GoldDigger New Motorhome Page
Old 10-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That is OK, we can wait. It is the worst part of buying a coach, eh? Nothing like waiting. . . . .
Old 10-10-2014, 10:33 PM   #7
SLK

We are getting our Pacifica from LaMesa RV in San Diego. The coach was located at their Albuquerque dealership so they brought it to SD for us. 50 miles from SD the engine started running a little warm. We look at this as being a blessing, because they are going to put it in their diesel shop and repair whatever is wrong. They think we may be able to do our walk through orientation on Wed. Today we met a guy who, he and his wife, worked for National and were there for the bitter end. I have noticed that when many dealers talk about something they are selling, they refer to it as being the top of the line. He told me that the Pacifica was their top of the line. He also said that they only built about 50 of the Pacifica 36A's. Some were Cat powered. I feel extremely fortunate to have found the one we are getting with the 360 Cummins. So hopefully the wait is almost over.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:54 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Most excellent.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:08 PM   #9
SLK

Wed. is the big day

We are all setup to get our MH on Wednesday. They went through the whole eng. cooling system cleaning everything and re-calibrated the thermostat. Now, the are finishing up the detailing so we will, hopefully, not have any problems. In lieu of a starter kit, they are giving us a $75. What are the must haves that I should spend that large sum on? What would be good hose lengths?

Thanks, Stephen
Old 10-18-2014, 04:48 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
We are all setup to get our MH on Wednesday. They went through the whole eng. cooling system cleaning everything and re-calibrated the thermostat. Now, the are finishing up the detailing so we will, hopefully, not have any problems. In lieu of a starter kit, they are giving us a $75. What are the must haves that I should spend that large sum on? What would be good hose lengths?

Thanks, Stephen
Have you owned an RV before? Before I start a list a mile long, it may be easier to have a phone conversation. Which do you prefer?

Bruce
Old 10-19-2014, 12:15 PM   #11
SLK

In the early 80's we had a 25' trailer. All of the hook-ups, if I remember right, were in the back. I'm not familiar with the lengths of hoses needed for a 36' motorhome. If you want to do the phone thing, you can PM me. I didn't realize the list would be so long.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:11 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
In the early 80's we had a 25' trailer. All of the hook-ups, if I remember right, were in the back. I'm not familiar with the lengths of hoses needed for a 36' motorhome. If you want to do the phone thing, you can PM me. I didn't realize the list would be so long.
PM sent!
Old 10-23-2014, 11:04 AM   #13
SLK

We made it home! Our 1.5 hr. trip turned into 3 hrs. in stop and go traffic. Thank God there were some courteous drivers that let me changes lanes. I also got to drive after dark. Not a big deal once I found the light switch. I hadn't worried to much about where it was because I thought we would get home before dark. I guess you have to plan for all contingencies. There's a lot to learn. More later.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
We made it home! Our 1.5 hr. trip turned into 3 hrs. in stop and go traffic. Thank God there were some courteous drivers that let me changes lanes. I also got to drive after dark. Not a big deal once I found the light switch. I hadn't worried to much about where it was because I thought we would get home before dark. I guess you have to plan for all contingencies. There's a lot to learn. More later.
Glad to hear you made it home in one piece, Steve! I will wait for more news while sitting on my hands, trying my best not to hit the update button on my computer every few minutes. . .

Bruce