Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Sub
Don't know why they did that with the hitch. Our 99 has a 5K hitch with a round 6 Way connector. Good thing our car isn'r big. We use a Tow Master Dolly towing a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid and it works fine, but there is plenty of power to justify a 10K hitch.

Dick
1963 - 1970 USN FTM-1
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2010, 07:44 PM   #16

Tradewinds Signal Light

We have a 2006 Tradewinds and need help changing the light bulb in the taillight. The bulb can not be accessed from the inside...so we assume that the lense must come off someway. Does anyone have info for us on this issue? We love our Tradewinds.
Kimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:17 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
I have an 01 Tradewinds 7372... my first coach, I love the lay-out of the opposing couches and the front entry, it gives quite a bit of entertainment space, and there are plenty of cabinets. I replaced the t.v with a 27 inch on an articulating arm, and it is a lot easier to watch than the old one. I don't care for the accessibility of the batteries, the compartment is too tight. I do have some minor seperation between the dash and the instrument panel but have managed it with double sided tape. Overall The inside seems well built and "tight", I have a few tiles with small stress cracks all in a line infront of the fridge and washer dryer cupboard, but they aren't very noticable unless you know they are there. The exterior gel coat is in great condition, with only a few small areas of peeling on the decals. All in all I am very satisfied with the layout and quality of ours, everything works great, the propane geneator is quiet and the engine runs well.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Thewellz

I had that separation and found the dash was held in with Velcro. I used Super Glue Gel to reattach the Velcro and no problems since. You could put screws and finishing washers in as well I bought some here.
134 Piece Deluxe S.S. Fastener Assortment Kit. from Wholesale Marine

Here is an example of what they look like.
DSCF1814.jpg - Windows Live

Dick
Old 04-15-2010, 09:48 PM   #19

Now I know why there are hex head screws across the top of my dash. I thought it was kinda tackey and thought if factory they would have put some little plastic covers on them.
charliebebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:14 PM   #20

Help with our Tradewinds

We have a 2006 Tradewinds and we need help changing a bulb in the taillight. Does anyone know how to access the bulb? We cannot access it from the back since it is located high inside the back cap and cannot be reached. Does the lense snap off from the outside? We are nervous about trying to access the bulb without knowing for sure if this the way to get at the bulb.
Kimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:21 PM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimba View Post
We have a 2006 Tradewinds and we need help changing a bulb in the taillight. Does anyone know how to access the bulb? We cannot access it from the back since it is located high inside the back cap and cannot be reached. Does the lense snap off from the outside? We are nervous about trying to access the bulb without knowing for sure if this the way to get at the bulb.
I looked at a National brocure for your model to see how yours is different from the older Tradewinds, and it definately is. Are you sure you can't access the back of the lamp assembly through the engine hatch? There could be a removable panel or such on either side inside that hatch. Just a thought.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #22

We brought our 1998 7370 back to Saskatchewan from Arizona just a year ago. It is a good coach but we have a long list of things we want to do to make it completely our own. Probably our biggest issue with the unit is it came with the Blue Blue Blue interior trim rather than the beige.

We have had the windows R & R'ed and the creaping gaskets repaired by our local window shop. Presently we have the carpet out of the entry, kitchen and bath for replacement with a ceramic type tile product called "duraceramic". Also we have purchased the new cords to restring our day-night shades.

We are planning to have the Recliner and the sofabed replaced this summer and probably the tires. Next year decals, .... - this is why we bought a 12 year old coach right!

I just found iRV2 a week ago. The knowledge of the participants is impressive! I am definitely going to be spending more time getting to know the maintenance details of our coach.
Margarittamobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:12 PM   #23

Thumbs up Tradewinds owner

We bought a Tradewinds 7370 in April of 2009. It is registered as a 2002, but it was built in Sept. 2001. It has a Cat 330 Turbo Diesel and it had 29,000 miles on it when we bought it. It was a bank repo that was bought at auction by the used vehicle dealer that I purchased it from.
It came with no owners manuals or service manuals, and I have not been able to find any. We spent the winter in Florida in it and have taken a couple of other small trips in it. So far we like it very much.
Tomfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:30 PM   #24

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomfishin View Post
We bought a Tradewinds 7370 in April of 2009. It is registered as a 2002, but it was built in Sept. 2001. It has a Cat 330 Turbo Diesel and it had 29,000 miles on it when we bought it. It was a bank repo that was bought at auction by the used vehicle dealer that I purchased it from.
It came with no owners manuals or service manuals, and I have not been able to find any. We spent the winter in Florida in it and have taken a couple of other small trips in it. So far we like it very much.
We have a complete set of manuals, so if you happen to be where we are or will be we could have some copies made. We presently are in West Virginia and will be heading to AZ for the winter in a few weeks. If yours has a 330HP Cat, you have a Tradewinds LTD.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:07 PM   #25

I have just purchased a 2000 model 7373, and am new to the MH world, so i dont know very much about it. I have a question for you. Are the four batteries in the lower area of the battery storage the house batteries, and are they 6 volt wired in series or parallel. Also, are the two batteries in the top area of the storage area 12 volts also wired in series or parallel? Does the inverter charge both sets of batteries, since i have two solar chargers on top to charge something. I guess the 12 volt batteries are the chassis batteries, but i dont know. I have been told different things about the batteries, so i am going to someone with a MH just like mine. Thanks, Rivrduk
rivrduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:17 PM   #26

National RV Owners Club
Welcome to the Forum. You're right on the 4 6 volt being the house batteries and the 12's being the chassis bats. As to the rest of it I'll yield to the experts, cause I might be wrong. I'm pretty sure the solar panels ar for the house bats.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:55 PM   #27

National RV Owners Club
In my 99 Tradewinds the inverter charger does both sets of batteries. I really don't know about the solar panels, they are a very low wattage I doubt if they help very much at all. I keep min coach plugged in all the time and when everything is charged and being maintained it draws only about 60 Watts. This keeps all the batteries charged and my house batteries have a Warrantee Date of 02/2002 and are still going strong. I only have one cell that has low specific gravity. I do check the water monthly and keep the posts clean and protected with CRC products and so far it's paid off.

Amazon.com: CRC 05046 Technician Grade Battery Terminal Protector - 7.5 Wt Oz.: Automotive
Amazon.com: CRC 5033 Battery Cleaner with Indicator, 11 Wt Oz: Automotive
You can find these products at most Auto Parts Stores.

Nothing special about the house batteries, they are Interstate U2200.
Keeping them clean, charged and topped off with water really matters.

Dick
Old 10-27-2010, 08:44 AM   #28

National RV Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to macstonedude Send a message via Skype™ to macstonedude
We are the recent purchasers of a '99 Tradewinds 7370. One slide on driver side containing sofa and dinette. Love the decor - previous owner took good care of it. We have the door in the middle, so have a recliner instead of a sofa on the passenger side. I agree with a previous [post that the slide is too close to the driver seat, otherwise we love it. I am in the process of fixing the little things that need fixing (like the power driver seat that periodically stops working). This model has the Turbo 300 CAT engine (told it is a phenom engine) with 48000 miles. Fiberglass needs a little TLC and just purchased REJEX from a vendor at the Swingtime in the Rockies Rally at Farmington, NM. Lots of work to do.
macstonedude is offline   Reply With Quote