Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2019, 01:23 PM   #1

Tradewinds power seat

Hello all I have a question about the location of the fuse or fusible link for the power seat on my 2000 Tradewinds. I have checked all of the fuses to the left of the seat and all checked out ok. I followed the wire underneath and it goes into loom and to the front of the coach. I did jump the wire to make sure the motor is still working, My dog was leaning on the switch for a time and it stopped working as the seat was maxed in the rear position.
Bht911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2019, 06:49 AM   #2
mrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bht911sc View Post
Hello all I have a question about the location of the fuse or fusible link for the power seat on my 2000 Tradewinds. I have checked all of the fuses to the left of the seat and all checked out ok. I followed the wire underneath and it goes into loom and to the front of the coach. I did jump the wire to make sure the motor is still working, My dog was leaning on the switch for a time and it stopped working as the seat was maxed in the rear position.
I had the same problem with my '99 Tradewinds 7371. I found a fuse panel behind the map holder to the left of the driver's seat, and the 30 amp fuse in the top row, left end was the fuse to the driver's seat. If you'd like to see some pictures, I posted a couple of them in this forum back on May 18, 2017.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:19 AM   #3
mrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bht911sc View Post
Did you have any luck finding the fuse?

You mentioned that you "hot-wired" the chair, and it worked. If the fuse is still good, then maybe there is a broken or disconnected wire somewhere between the fuse panel and the chair.

Let us know how it goes.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:50 AM   #4

Thanks for the advice.. All the fuses I found checked out good so it will be a wire that broke or melted.. I have not given up yet.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:59 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Check the blue connector under the drivers seat. Also follow those wires. Years ago My seat quit working and I found that I broke that connector when I turned the seat. If I remember correctly I believe a wire got damaged when it got caught up on turning the seat.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 10:45 PM   #6

I traced the seat power wire all the way to the front of the coach were it disappears in a loom of wires that I cannot easily reach without tearing it apart. I found a 12 volt tab with a threaded nut from the fuse panels next to the seat, ran correct size wire with fuse replacing the dead wire. It works fine..

Tags
power, wind