Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2015, 08:06 PM   #1

TV in basement ideas

So I would like to get a TV going in the basement storage compartment under the awning.

Does anyone have any pictures, ideas, suggestions on getting one going? Wondered about how you mounted it, how you supplied a signal to the TV, etc... any help greatly appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2015, 11:24 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
I built a wooden encloser , covered with carpet, and mounted a 28" LCD LED TV on
a TV arm mounted on drawer slides. The "box" is 8" wide so I didn't lose too much
storage space. The Dolphin power and RF cable are just about the box. The arm(Costco) swings the TV around quite a bit and away from the walk in door and
tilts the TV screen up as well. 28 " was the largest size that would fit when stored away in this way, but check TV's cabinet size before buying a particular brand.

GREGORYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:32 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you don't have a connection in that compartment the cable will be wraped up in the wire bundle on the frame behind the steps. I had to unwrap a lot of tape but I found it and it was long enough to reach into this compartment.
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:59 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
I did one in a sliding drawer. Here is a video of how it works and a drawing of the construction. I never made a completed video after painting but will if your at all interested. I used Jack Nuts to mount the assembly in yo the underside of the floor.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=AE67F...2766057%213471

Dick
Old 06-18-2015, 06:28 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Dick, great job and presentation. I'm looking forward to seeing it when it's complete & installed.
GREGORYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:13 PM   #6

WOW! Great ideas and great presentations! Thanks so much for sharing! If anyone else has something different please don't hesitate to share. This is all giving me great ideas. Also thanks for the message about where to find the cabling.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:26 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Nice job Greg .

Wish I had that kind of room to do the same.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed racer View Post
If you don't have a connection in that compartment the cable will be wraped up in the wire bundle on the frame behind the steps. I had to unwrap a lot of tape but I found it and it was long enough to reach into this compartment.

What year is your Rv? I have 2004 seabreeze, wondering if I have the same cabling for the compartment
brabono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:59 AM   #9

Oops, 2006 seBreeze
brabono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 12:57 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
We have Dish with the Hopper and a wireless Joey for the rear and outdoor TV"s. We have one Joey and move it between the two TV's.
That way all you need is a duplex AC outlet.
Much easier than running coax or HDMI cables.
MikeandRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:31 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I never liked the idea of watching TV with the RV as the background when their's typically a nicer background behind me. Since I use a HDMI to SDI Converter to send the signal from my HDMI Switcher to feed the rear TV equipped with a SDI to HDMI Converter. When parked we pull the rear TV and converter out of the bedroom and place it in an outside chair. I then connect the Park Cable feed to the HDI to SDI converter. and connect a 25' cable to the Park Cable input jack in the wet bay and feed it to the SDI to HDMI converter on the outside TV. It works great, it's quick and easy and I can see what is going on around me.
Fred Edelkamp, USAF Combat Camera Retired driving "Bullwinkle" 2008 Monaco Diplomat 36PDQ | 400hp Cummins I6 Diesel Pusher | 1440W Solar | 800Ah LiFePO4 | RVi TPMS | Roadmaster Tow Bar | RVibrake3 | 2020 Ford F-150 | Palomino Backpack Truck Camper SS-1251
frede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:51 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What is a wireless Joey? I have a traveler on roof and we bought a Wally. It feeds the main tv and is wired to the midship tv. I also have a bedroom tv. I have managed to connect it to the he antenna, but no blueprint on the wiring. I bought a tone generator and will try to trace the coax wires. This has a couple triple rca switch boxes, so it will be complicated. I would like to feed 3 TVs with hdmi feeds. Not sure how to do this yet. I only own ir for 60 days, so a lot to do. Any help appreciated
Joepacifica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:35 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I found a coax from the front overhead in the rear of the cabinet under the fridge in our 2000 Dynasty.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KpzYEJQMe4puv8o89
DjDave is offline   Reply With Quote