RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-06-2015, 05:53 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
TV needs replaced

We have a 04 Dolphin M/H and the front tv needs replacing. I recall reading the posts from others that have done this removal/replacement, but now I can't find those post. Directions please............THANKS

morris44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2015, 06:36 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I did mine, I will try to find the post for you.. First find a TV with front speakers, rear speakers in a box are not as good. We bought Best Buy store brand 5 years ago.
open the doors of the two cabinets beside the TV , their are small wood plugs covering screws that hold the front wood trim, Just found an old thread,, "Replaced TV 2004 Dolphin" Questions,,, Message me

Old 06-06-2015, 06:48 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
More copied info!
I keep getting questions about how to get the front overhead tube-type TV out of a National RV. This pertains to a 2005 Dolphin, but probably is similar for near model years since National probably adopted one set of fixtures for several models.
The TV is hung from the overhead framework by a steel cage that has a removable bottom tray. The trick is to get to the cage.

The front wood trim, or fascia, is a single piece that needs to come off. There is one screw in the top center fascia piece that screws into the ceiling. Remove that.

Remove any putty caulk that is between the fascia and the side cabinets.

Open the side cabinet doors, and you will see two hole plugs that cover recessed screws that screw in from the side cabinet trim frame sideways into the fascia (two each side). Remove the plugs and then the screws.

The fascia should now be loose and can be pulled forward at the bottom and dropped down from a slot in the ceiling.

Now the steel cage will be exposed.

Remove the plastic panel that is under the TV (above the dash).

Reach in the back to unscrew the antenna connection from the TV.

Unplug the TV from the power outlet in the upper right equipment cabinet and pull the wire plug free into the space behind the TV.

There are three bolts on each side of the bottom of the cage holding the bottom tray on. The clearance is tight but the bolts can be accessed. Loosen the two nearest the windshield (rear of TV).

Remove the center two bolts and one front bolt. Now get help and remove the other front bolt.

The TV needs to drop down at its front, and then is lifted off the tray.

It is 100# plus, so plan accordingly.

This is the info provided directly from a NRV tech before they went under. Good luck."
2004 National Sea Breeze LX8375, Towing a 2012 Liberty.
donhoward49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:47 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Found the step by step:
"Front LCD TV Install in a 2005 Sea Breeze 8321LX "
Copy that into the search...

This replaces the TV and moves the head and shoulder bumping cabinet back 4 inches. ,, need help just ask
Old 06-06-2015, 08:27 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to JJH3rd
'nough said - except make SURE that two strong & able people are available to remove that beast of a TV.
JJ
JJH3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:12 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I found a Magnavox 32" tv that almost fit the opening pefecty. I say almost because I left a 1 1/2" opening be low the T for the sound to come out. I also hooked it to my suround sound.
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:27 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Tv is out !!!! Removed

THANKS to all who replied. TODAY IS MY LUCKY DAY, while reading the replies I was visited by a friend who was just dropping by for a short chat. After finding out what I was doing to the TV (I had removed the wood front area) he said "We can have that out is short time" and that we did. Within the hour the old TV was in the back of the pickup heading for the dump. It seems that he had experience doing this before. So thanks again..........
morris44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:09 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here's a link I posted several years ago.

LCD TV Upgrade 2003 Dolphin L/X

Here's a link to a 2005 Sea Breeze

Front LCD TV Install in a 2005 Sea Breeze 8321LX

kennersonf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace