Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2014, 07:20 PM   #1

Voyager Monitor - loss of picture/power

Intermittent problem on 2004 Dolphin with original B&W Voyager monitor.

Do not have paperwork and do not know model number. Seems to the mounted firmly under the dash in a section that looks like it might be removable so I can see what is going on and find a model number. What is the best way to remove the dash section. What can I do to trouble shoot the problem. I found 2 inline fuses under the dash and they are both good. Where/how is the monitor grounded and how can I check/verify that there is 12 volt power to the unit. After taking out the fuses the 1st the, the monitor came back on and stayed on for a 4 hour trip but at the end of the trip, it lost power or picture. I think it is a power issue since the power light on the monitor does not come on.

I saw referances to ASA and some folks in Baton Rouge... will contact them for advice and replacements but need to identify the problem and installation and current system info.

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.
fjmiller275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2014, 08:36 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Same thing happened to me. The monitor just went dark. In all likelihood you have a Model AOM78. RV Cam's in Baton Rouge is who I used. I sent them both the camera and monitor for testing. They tested them for free and found that my monitor was bad. It was replaced with a Model VOM78. The entire process took about a week. Here's their website RVCams Backup Cameras and Rear View Systems: Backup Camera Systems (All) The cost of the new monitor was $202.00 plus shipping. They are excellent people to deal with.

Yes you can remove it. It has two tightening knobs that hold it to a bracket that hangs down under the dash. Very tight fit.

You may want to upgrade to a newer unit but it'll take some modification of the dash area.
kennersonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:45 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Aom78 manual attached
Attached Files
File Type: pdf aom78_owners_manual.pdf (192.3 KB, 130 views)
Old 11-03-2014, 08:47 PM   #4

voyager monitor

Thanks for all the help...

Found some paperwork where previous owner changed unit out to a VOM78. Went on the webb and got manual. Talked with ASA and they told me how the unit was typically mounted on a bracket with 3 knobs/screws and what inputs the unit uses. Found the 6 prong plug and confirmed it had 12 v on the black and red wires. Cleaned the plug and reconnected. Unit turned on but when I wiggle the plug, it goes on and off. Will try to clean the connectors again and if that doesn'[t work, will order a new plug and splice it to existing wiring. Will try to check out the power connections at the source if I can find them. Any suggestions? Thanks
fjmiller275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Be sure to check the pins at the monitor. Mine did the same as yours. I thought it was the plug, it ended up being the wiring inside the monitor where the connector plugs in. I ended up running a separate wire to power the monitor. It has worked fine since.
Belgian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, voyage