Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2015, 06:59 PM   #1

Water leak 07 LX - Sildeout Bedroom

I have a 07 Dolphin LX. It has been raining, water is on the floor on left floor side of the bedroom slideout. I sealed along 3" Alu. Facia (on outside) with silicone last year, it held uintil today? I do not see any gaps along the "3 strip where water could get it.
Has anyone had a similar problem?

VickersC
Fl, 07 Dolphin LX.
2 Slideouts
VickersC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2015, 06:41 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am surprised no one has responded to this. I had water on the floor, both sides of the bed. I had the slide seal replaced and that fixed it.. Water will find a way in, very frustrating when U cant find the leak.. Buy some RV caulk, start at the roof/body joint and clean then re-caulk all seams, then do where the side/rear cap join..then the joint at the floor line. Last resort, find a RV shop to check it out
Old 03-10-2015, 03:08 PM   #3

Water Leak Response

Thanks for the response.

Bill Schwartz contacted me and we discussed the possibilities of where leaks may be coming from. I am going to check those areas out and apply sealant.
Then, maybe it will solve the leak problem.

CVickers
07 Dolphin LX
Old 03-10-2015, 04:03 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Silicone shrinks up and stops working RV caulking is much better I use 3M 5200 marine sealant and Eturnabond on the flat spots (roof).
Old 03-10-2015, 08:10 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
On my 03 Dolphin LX the vertical flaps on each side of the bedroom glide do not flip out when the room is extended. This leaves a small hole where the vertical flap meets the horizontal at the bottom. I take the metal wand used to open and close the patio awning and slide it behind and then upward on the vertical flaps to make then flip out complete from bottom to top. This provides an overlay at the horizontal floor line and also at the top so the water does not enter the coach. I do this any time I set up at a campground when rain is forecast and the floor carpet stays dry.

Don't know if you have the same problem, but might be worth a try.

Duane
DASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:46 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I had been told "never use silicone caulk" on a motorhome". I did do it, (took my time, cleaned it real well, applied the caulk and thought I solved the problem). They told me at the dealership that it wouldn't hold. They said that I should just pick it off the end, and it will zip right off.
I didn't believe them because of how careful I was when cleaning and applying it. It did leak . I did what they said, and it did zip right off.
They told me that you can use a high end automotive sealant on the sides, but never use it on flat roof surfaces (like the top of the slides). It may work for a little while, but eventually, it will leak.

My fault for not taking the advice of the people who know.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:47 AM   #7

Leak from Slideout

It has been a while I responded back on my leak. Here is the fix and seems to have fixed the problem.

1: Slideout adjusted out to about a foot.
2: Removed all silicone that has been installed before.
3: Applied green Frogg tape above and below applied area leaving just enough space to apply 3M 5200 Adhesive sealant. Removed tape after I had finish touch up.
3: Retracted sideout to closed position until sealant dried, 2 days.

After completing this task, we had a hard rain, no water leaks inside.
Thanks, for all the feed back I got back from members of this site.

07 Dophin LX,
2 slidouts.
Vickers C.

Tags
leak, water, water leak