Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2016, 03:52 PM   #1

Water leak

Well crap. Opened the coach today, because we need an extra bedroom. Found water leaking from between the tile floor and the underlayment. The water emerges where there are penetrations into the basement. Tore into many things. Unable to find a failed PEX line or hose. Looking where the leak emerges, and process of elimination, I am leaning toward the 1/4" line feeding the ice maker. So; does anyone know where it ties into the water line? I can not see it behind the water inlet / valve panel.

2003 Tradewinds 37 ft LE. Slide out kitchen and bed on port (left) side. Fridge is stationary on starboard.

Thanks,
mischievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2016, 06:02 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
On my 2003 Dolphin the ice maker line connects under the sink to the main water supply. It is the same connection that feeds the filtered water faucet (if you have one) and there is a shut off under the sink.
kennersonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 07:46 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I'm sure it's different depending on the coach, but mine is located just inside the removable vent grill for the fridge on the outside wall of the coach. There is a shutoff valve there, with the line heading up the back of the fridge.

Walt
photopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 02:24 AM   #4

Water Leak

Check the outside access to the refrigerator and locate the solenoid valve to the icemaker -- it should be on the RH side. Turn on the water pump and check for leaks at the solenoid valve. About $45. to replace.
I had the same type leak and it was a devil to find the source.

John B
99 Tradewinds
TradewindsJB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak