RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #1

Water Leak in the bedroom floor...

I have a 2007 Sea Breeze LX, 32 ft, probably the last one National built before they closed the doors. Last month, while on park hookups, I experienced water leaking from the base of the toilet. I installed a pressure regulator and the leak quickly resolved itself. Now, this week while hooked to my own home water supply and using a regulator I am getting a leak in the bedroom carpet directly behind the toilet. The back flow valve is located in the wall that separates the toilet and the wet carpet but it does not appear to be leaking. These two occasions may not be related and neither occurrence involves rain, but so far I can't find a reason for the wet carpet. Does anyone have any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0005_01.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	52698   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0006_01.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	52699  

R Brownlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #2

I had the toilet flush valve on my 5er leak. I rebuilt it with marine grease and it never leaked again. Feel up around the back of the toilet for any wet areas.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #3

The water may be running down the floor or side of the wall and getting into the carpet.

Old 12-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I had the toilet flush valve on my 5er leak. I rebuilt it with marine grease and it never leaked again. Feel up around the back of the toilet for any wet areas.
Thanks that's a good idea. I'll give it a try.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #5

If it were me, I'd pull up the toilet for an inspection which is very easy. Various possibilities and first would be the inlet flush valve. You could try capping off the end of the water supply line and seeing if it still leaks. If it does, there's a leak in the water line. If you pull the toilet, make sure you install a new gasket. Most likely it's something simple and easy to fix.

Just about anything you ever need to know in life is on google:

myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #6

I think replacing the gasket is optional. I had the one in my 5er out several times, once for the valve and the rest for thorough cleaning and never had a problem with the gasket.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #7

The gaskets are very inexpensive plus the valve repair kits come with them. I had an RV tech tell me never re-install the old one, even if it's fairly new. Water leakage in an RV can cause serious problems and a leaking toilet gasket could go unnoticed for a long time.
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by myredracer View Post
If it were me, I'd pull up the toilet for an inspection which is very easy. Various possibilities and first would be the inlet flush valve. You could try capping off the end of the water supply line and seeing if it still leaks. If it does, there's a leak in the water line. If you pull the toilet, make sure you install a new gasket. Most likely it's something simple and easy to fix.

Just about anything you ever need to know in life is on google:
Sometime in the next few days I think I'll give this a try even if only to inspect under the platform the toilet is on.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #9

Just in case somebody might be interested... I did pull the toilet and inspect for evidence of leakage under the platform the toilet sits on and found no signs of a leak. I capped the water line and pressurized it to look for leakage and found none under the platform. There does not seem to be any other water lines in the area of the wet carpet. Since this "leak" occurred when a relative was using the RV I'm going to attribute it to spillage from the shower. I'll be taking the RV out in a week or so and I'll get see for myself if it happens again. Thanks or all the input. I installed a new seal on the toilet.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:55 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The original Sealand in my Dolphin developed at leak at the anti-siphon valve at the nipple for the sprayer. The nipple had a small crack in it, only water there when flushing toilet.

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, B&W Custom Truck Bed, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000, 1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:14 AM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had the pee trap on my shower crack. Only showed up when there were two showers taken in a row. Took a while to figure it out as well. If your MH is only slightly out of level water will run to the low side.

njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak