Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2008, 07:40 AM   #29

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
As in all thing in life, it doesn't hurt to inform yourself when ready to make a purchase of any kind. The saying "buyer beware" comes to mind. As much as I feel for anyone making a bad purchase, retired or not, the world has been full of people taking advantage of people for 1000's of years and unless you fight back with knowledge, they will never go away. I suppose I am more sensitive about it than others may be because of my awareness of truth and customer service in our business.
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2008, 08:07 AM   #30

Jayco Owners Club
http://www.tinaja.com/glib/trashelc.pdf

Here's a little counterbalance from an interesting guy. It's a pdf so if you're hooked up to that other thing that'll never work, the land line, be forewarned.
DonavonP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:40 AM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Who knows..if we keep trying new ideas we may even put a man on the moon in the future.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:23 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am so happy to see some discusion on this subject As I stated in my original post I have no outside interest other than to save a little on fuel if possible. To the absolute nay sayers a closed mind cannot accept new ideas but if one is open minded and does some research then we can all learn I do not know if it will work but I did purchase a manuel from one of the internet sites today and will be experimenting on my passenger vehicles and if that is successful then will try the motorhome. Keep the comments coming as it all information and information cannot hurt if anyone has actual experience with a system please pm me and we can exchange experiences good and bad
Medic318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:11 AM   #33

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good read Donavon, makes sense to me. thanks

Dieselclacker
Old 07-29-2008, 06:15 AM   #34

Solo Rvers Club
This is great Keep us informed Medic318, please.
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:56 PM   #35

And I've got some oceanfront Oklahoma property I'd like to sell you

Another perspective...

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:29 AM   #36

Solo Rvers Club
I tend to agree with you, John, but am keeping an open mind to it....It won't be long, and we'll know, right?
Old 08-02-2008, 07:16 AM   #37

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't think it's a matter of us engineers and folks with some knowledge of physics keeping an open mind.
I think it's more a matter of the purveyors of these systems providing a well designed test, peer reviewed by reputable engineers or scientists not associated with the company and performed by an independent agency.
I have never seen such a test on any of the magic fuel saving systems out there.
That tells me something.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:38 AM   #38

Solo Rvers Club
Yep! But, I'm hoping for a little relief someday....
Old 08-04-2008, 10:49 AM   #39

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have an open mind medic and I do not have a problem with "improvements to improve gas economy" but the big one here is "improvements to improve gas economy" not spam to take peoples money and that was all this device did. Now if I am a nay sayer for trying to protect good people from garbage than so be it. I hope you find your answers. Maybe you will make the break thru with your manual that will help us all and make you rich. Good luck to ya.
MtManLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 04:18 PM   #40

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
H2O
Perhaps they have raided the DOD Savannah River plant and have a supply of H3O. LOL

2004 CR-V EX
Geechee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:44 AM   #41

Hi All.

ASME(American Society of Engineers) and other engineering sites devoted to automotive technology have done some studies and the best they have come up with is as an example is a gas 30'-35' coach going from 8 mpg to around 10 mpg or 11 mpg without MAJOR/EXPENSIVE modifications to manifold/computer chip. There suggestions boil doown to:

1. Replace stock air filter with less restrictive ones like K & N

2. Inflate all tires to cold air maximum on tires/door plate. (Prepare for a slighter bumpier ride though)

3. Travel with no water or as little as possible in fresh water tanks.

4. Use cruise control when possible.

5. Drive in center lane of three lane interstate to avoid slowing down/speeding up for ramp traffic

6. Install a deflector on top of coach like you see on tractor trailer to decrease drag insuring deflector is only 1" taller than highest accessory presently on coach. Class A is basically a brick being pushed through the air. I don't even know if anyone sells deflector for coaches or you create more problems(like leaks) than you solve.

7. Full timers/extended timer should ensure that they only haul what they actually need. get rid of rock collection !!!!

8. AND, drive 60 MPH, instead of 65 or 70. I have found out when I drive 60 it only takes me about an hour longer to get to the campground enroute to my final destination. And no I am not a fuddy duddy(I am 60). I been in a NASCAR race car going 160 MPH. I personally find it less stressful. But to each his own.

The downside is with the numbers crunched a 5,000 miles/year coach owner going 60 MPH getting 10 mpg VS one going going 70 MPH getting 8 mpg is a savings of $250/yr based on $2.00/gal.

I know the K & N filters aren't cheap but they are washable/reusable. So to each his own

NAVYBLUE

2008 Winnie Voyage (1 each)

2008 Toyota Tacoam (1 each)

1948 Smart wife (1 each)
navyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:09 AM   #42

Back in the '80s I had a 28" Layton camping trailer being pulled by a long wheelbase Scout Traveler. I installed an on-board Data 44 computer which had a gasoline flow sensor to give me realtime and average gas milage. I had a 40 gal gas tank and I could drive forever and fill it up and calibrate the computer to exactly the amount of gas used. In a 40 gals fillup it was accurate to about a pint. I then went on a quest to improve gas milage. I switched to all synthetic oils and fluids. That made about a half mpg change. I installed headers and duals and that bumped me up another one mpg. I used to to run the test on the same section of road for 60 miles and check the average at the end. If I showed an improvement then I waited to make the test run again to verify it. I then added a Spearco water injection system and made several runs with different settings. My gas milage went down. I was upset and called Spearco and they told me that there system by itself would not help but it would allow me to advance the ignition timing until it started to ping when going up a hill then if I used the water injection so it was adjusted to come on when the intake manifold vacuum dropped it would stop the pinging. I did all this and played with it until I drove my wife crazy. I finally ended up with a 4 mpg increase. If I ever ran out of water I was in trouble. If I was climbing mountains it used a lot of water. So you can get some increase in gas milage with water injection on a gasoline motor but only from the ignition timing advance.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote